Chapter 3 "Just me being me"

~Iria~

I have always known I'm an unlucky person, I mean, I've never been lucky with anything, that shit of love included, then, why does it surprise me to have history class with those bitches and that the teacher has forced me to stand in front of the whole class to introduce myself?

"My name is Iria..." I said the only thing that came to my mind. I was supposed to introduce myself, right? That had to start with saying my name.

I heard some boos, murmurs and laughs coming from where the fashion police was sat. To my benefit, Mr. Wembley scolded them and they shut up with an apologize as fake and innocent as them.

"As I was saying, I'm new here, but the place I come from is much bored than this lovely school." I got enough confidence for showing my sarcasm to the class.

"Someone wants to ask the new student something?" Mr. Wembley seemed as done with those repellent teenagers as I.

I smiled as I looked forward without seeing a single hand up, I was happy to be able to go to my fucking seat once and for all.

"Are you single?" The womanizer caught the attention of the class, postponing my long-awaited arrival to the chair.

"Yes." I answered but without that smile.

"Mr. Lawless behave." The teacher scolded that Lawless guy and once again there they were the fake and innocent apologizes.

"Where did you use to live?" The blonde guy sat next to Mr. Lawless got interested. Now that I think about it that boy gave me the vibes to be dating someone like Audrey...

"At my house." The sarcastic smile appeared again.

I heard some laughs and like there weren't more questions I sat down, at least. The desks were for two people and I decided the one at the back of the classroom with both of its seats empty would be my desk for the rest of the year.

༄ ❅ ༄

I don't know how to describe what happened some minutes before history class ended...

I was bored so I took out my phone, Mr. Wembley didn't seem to like my lack of attention for the lesson and asked me something that I knew we were going to learn that year, thus I didn't have why know the answer. I'm sure Mr. Wembley just wanted to find a cool way to confiscate my phone and embarrass me in front of the whole class for my impertinence...

Unlucky him I told him the whole history book, not only solving his question but explaining it perfectly clear, I may add. So with the inner happiness for having left a teacher speechless I went straight to my prey, a distracted Ethan who was flirting lively with two girl in the cafeteria.

"Boo!" I startled him, getting him to seem exactly what I planned, dumb in front of those girls.

"What the hell, Iria?" He got mad when he saw my pretty face.

The girl behind us let out some giggles and after saying goodbye to Ethan they both left. I had been looking at how the girls walked away little by little from us lost in my mind so Ethan's suddenly hug caught me off guard.

"You have missed me, didn't you?" Ethan teased me with his head buried in my neck.

"You wish..." I murmured hugging him back.

I didn't like to miss him as much as I did today... it brought me bad memories.

"Hello, redhead." I heard a voice that I hated to recognize that soon. Audrey was using a sweeter and even flirty tone, I had no doubt she was the one standing behind us even before I broke my hug with Ethan to check it.