Chapter 16 "Something more formal like a date"

~Iria~

Do you know those days when you wake up at 9:15 a.m. because you forgot to set the alarm clock the night before? Those days when the sun wakes you up directly into your eyes because the night before you also forgot to close the blind. Those days when you wake up with the sun on your face thinking that you are a Disney princess and that it's Saturday and then you realize that you look like a zombie and that it's not Saturday. Well, today was one of those days.

It was 9:15 a.m. and I had already missed about 2 classes, Chrystal was not there so I assumed that she was in class and she hadn't woke me up, I won't forget that... Due to these terrible circumstances in which I found myself, I made the hard decision to skip classes. What a shame, today I had class with the white-haired boy, I'm sure he will miss my drawings.

After dressing up with a denim black dress over my AC/DC T-shirt, as the good friend that I am, I went to look for Ethan to his dorm, who knows, he may also have fallen asleep... but the dorm was empty too.

My phone vibrate in the pocket of my leather jacket, I took it out to check that, indeed, it was Ethan. I think we must have some kind of telepathy. After Ethan insisted in skipping classes to be with me and I declined his idea because my friend had to study and learn a lot in the exciting classes the boarding school provide us, I realized two things;

One, I was starving.

Two, I had hardly left the boarding school.

I hadn't had the pleasure of explore London so as if I were some Canadian tourist, I went to look for places to have breakfast.

There was a place not very far away from the boarding school, just around ten minutes by foot. The cafe was cozy, it wasn't very big but it had a large window from which you could see London's streets. London was a beautiful city, I have never been here before and I loved it though I would love it even more if I could get to do more tourism and get out of that boarding school more often.

I ordered coffee and a donut and sat on a small table close to the window, in front of the door. I was having a good time, alone, reading on my phone a book about a vampire who made a bet on a girl who he didn't know she was dead too as I took sips from my hot coffee, savoring my donut with pink sprinkles too.

It was being a quiet morning, a peaceful and nice morning until the cafe's door opened and I saw his familiar face.

Brian O'Sullivan.

A part of me thought about hiding now that he didn't seem to have seen me, my mind was considering the option to steal the newspaper to the old man sat behind me and hide behind it but then I remembered that it was Brian who we were talking about... So I just continued reading about the black sheep and her vampire.

Brian saw me eventually, I wasn't looking in his direction but I did feel his piercing gaze glaring at me and I think my coffee tremble like the glass of water in Jurassic Park when he came my way, leaving behind big stomps.

"Iria." He called my name to catch my attention when he stood right in front of me. Anger dripping off his voice.

"Brian!" I said with faked excitement and surprise, leaving my phone aside, I talked as if I was happy to see him thing I wasn't.

I just stood two people in this school, Ethan and Chrystal, maybe also June.

"What are you doing here?" I kept my fake excitement. "Don't tell me you wanted more... maybe something more formal this time... like a date." I teased him leaving the fake excitement behind and welcoming the seductive tone that came with a smirk.