Chapter 9 "The White Twins"

~Iria~

At lunch I didn't find Ethan when I enter the cafeteria, he would probably be 'busy' so I searched around for a table to sit. I saw Chrystal and Tristan sat at the end of the room but I also saw June, she was sat alone in a table located in the middle and like she was so kind with me on my first day I decided to go to her.

"Hey, can I sit here?" I asked before leaving my tray on the table, wishing she didn't have a problem with me joining her.

"Sure." She smiled widely at me and so did I when I sat.

I looked towards the table where the twins were sat again and suddenly I realized I had lots of questions about them, I also realized that June had been in this boarding school enough to perhaps know the answers to my question, I looked at her happy to have found a topic of conversation.

"What do you know about the albinos over that table?" I asked curious but being careful to don't seem like I was gossiping about them just in case he would lay his eyes on my direction.

"The White twins." June smiled, I was happy too to have found someone to tell me more about them. "Chrystal and Tristan White. They are the principal's children, they always start school a week after the rest..."

June told me a lot of things that I already knew and that were very general, I wanted to know more, their personalities... I don't know, how does the rest of the world see them?

"He has a perfect toned body, he's handsome, tall, has dark blue eyes you can get lost in, with that white hair that stands out and the vibes of mystery that he transmits..." June was getting to hyped in her description about Tristan so I cut her off. I wasn't blind, I knew the boy was hot but I didn't want to hear compliments towards his person.

"Fine, fine... But how is his personality? You know, how is Tristan White?" The way my eyes shone with curiosity surprised even myself.

"Tristan White could be everything he wanted and more." June looked up sounding a little dreamy, she talked about Tristan as if he was a prince charming. "But instead he's weird." She let out finally saying something that could prove me right, they couldn't be as perfect as they seemed.

"Define weird."

"Weird because he goes against the world, he's hot and every girl is crazy for him..." June made a dramatic pause prolonging the sentence. "It's not that they are very discreet, they don't stop jumping on him, flirting, biting their lower lip in a not very disguised way when he walks past, asking him dumb questions... It's so pathetic sometimes." June let out in a sigh and I laughed, I wanted to see that.

For the moment I wasn't surprised at all about what June was telling me about Tristan, I imagined him exactly that way, receiving a lot of attention and enjoying it, after all he was daddy's little boy...

I'm sure his popularity excused his arrogance, I thought with sarcasm and I wanted to roll my eyes to his memory.

"But he just doesn't care," June continued talking and all my attention became hers again. "He doesn't care about the hot chicks, the popular boys inviting him to their table, the parties..." June left the sentence in the air making me understand the list continued. "The only thing Tristan cares about is his sister, Chrystal. He spends all day with her, talking and laughing with her, I think they are best friends or something... if there's one thing Tristan White adores, that's his twin. He has already made it clear to all the boys in the boarding school that she is off limits... Poor girl though."

I took some seconds to think about what June had just said, she was right. I have barely known them for four days and they were always together, Chrystal was the only person who made Tristan smile and they had referred to each other as best friends a couple of times. I thought that maybe Chrystal was the exception, that maybe his sister was the only person Tristan was kind to but then I thought more... Ethan had told me that he thought Tristan was a cool roommate and that they laughed about their own jokes, I had seen Tristan talking to some people and he clearly was more kind than while talking with me... Maybe I'm the problem.