Chapter 53 "Now that you are disguised as a blue prince..."

~Iria~

The ball was exactly what I needed, I needed normality after one of the craziest weeks of my life, it was ironic that a school ball was the solution to my problems, that dance and laugh with Chrystal in a school gym perfectly decorated in blue and pink for the occasion was the normality I needed. It was weird to see Chrystal and I wearing dresses out of fairly tales because of the theme of the ball... Well, it wasn't weird to see Chrystal in a beautiful pink princess dress, she seemed to be born to be the princess of one of those fairly tales with a happy ending but I... I felt odd, and I had refused to leave my dorm without my leather jacket and back boots so I was the only badass princess in the gym.

I wore a crown on my head, it a pretty metallic tiara, not too big, it didn't draw as much attention as Chrystal's beautiful and original flower crown or as the gigantic crowns Audrey and Brian wore to match. My dress was in a burgundy color that honestly, made me love it even more, and I didn't usually like dresses.

The dress was attached to a wide golden necklace that surrounded the lower part of my neck, it had no sleeves or back, just two wide strips of fabric hung from the necklace that ç got lost in the skirt of the dress, forming a pronounced neckline. The neckline wasn't too deep, it ended in the lower part of my breasts, where a horizontal fabric wrapped me up tightly to the waist before giving way to the skirt of the dress, that was one of my favorite parts of the dress. The skirt was apparently short but it was covered by a black, semi-transparent fabric that reached my ankles.

It was a pretty dress, one that I would wear. Chrystal chose the right one.

I spent almost two hours in the dance floor with Chrystal, I got excited when they played a song from The Neighborhood and so did Chrystal because knew how to dance that song, she even tried to teach me that dance but it was weird, you had to move your legs too fast so I just ended singing the song from beginning to end, it was one of my favorite songs, Sweater Weather.

Coming down
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out

Right now I was sat on the bleacher from the huge gym, there were still people dancing, Chrystal had went to look for ice because Audrey demanded that 'they were running out from it'. I wouldn't have brought ice to Audrey, but Chrystal thought different to me, she was a being fallen from the sky, too good to say no.

Tristan had also been around, he didn't dance Sweater Weather with Chris and I, he actually stepped away when his sister and I were enjoying the ball at the fullest, screaming instead of singing. Maybe he was ashamed to be seen with us or maybe he just wanted to leave us space, it's been some time since I last saw him anyway...

"School balls are too much for you, super spy?" That odd and new nickname coming out from Tristan's mouth made me look up from my phone.

I liked the Rough Diamond nickname.

"Rough diamond for you." I corrected him teasing, getting him to chuckle and me to smile. "You said it, I'm spy not dancer. I'm starting to develop unfriendly feelings towards balls."

Tristan chuckled again, stepping closer to me.

"Dancer or spy, would you dance, rough diamond?" He emphasized my nickname, as he should.

"Why not?" I kept my phone on my jacket's pocket, standing up. "Now that you are disguised as a blue prince..." I teased walking next to him to the dance floor, where he followed me.

When a new and slow song started to play Tristan and I stood still a few seconds, staring at each other kinda awkwardly... I noticed Tristan wasn't quite sure about how to start our 'dance.' It wasn't the first time we danced so it shouldn't be that hard... should it? When Wonder Boy decided to make the first move I forgot about that annoying feeling of awkwardness, his left hand grabbed mine in a fast move that made me bump into his tough torso. The brief impact made me forget for a few seconds where was his right hand, holding my hips relatively below these ones.. Until Wonder Boy seemed to realize it too, so he made his right hand hold my free one.