chapter 167

Lin Xi told Chu Muqing all the clues she had obtained, even including Chu Muyun's experience in that village and what the Chu family did when they faced her kidnapping and the kidnappers demanded ransom. choice.

After she finished speaking, Chu Muqing maintained a long silence.

Her eyes were empty, and Lin Xi didn't know what she was thinking.

At this moment, no amount of comforting words could do anything to her. Lin Xi held her hand with a very light force, trying to use the heat of her palm to give her some strength.

"I'm a little cold, Lin Xi." Chu Muqing said suddenly.

Lin Xi turned around and took her coat over, then walked back to her, wrapping her whole body tightly.

Lin Xi looked at Chu Muqing quietly. After a long silence, the crystal liquid in her eyes fell silently.

She also clearly knew what kind of blow Chu Muyun's death once caused to her.

Especially before Chu Muyun's death, she went through such a desperate experience, in such a backward village whose literary name was close to extinction, to suffer such a tragic experience, for Chu Muqing, it must be very difficult to accept. .

Lin Xi let out a breath, held her hand again, and said in a hoarse voice, "The police's next investigation will start with the kidnappers who ran and committed crimes, and the school where Chu Muyun was studying. Leave it to the police, I can't find anything if I stay, I want to go to the school where Chu Muyun studied."

Chu Muqing was silent for a long time, her mind was in a mess at the moment, after a while, she took the tissue that Lin Xi handed over, wiped the tears from her face, then lowered her eyes, and replied, "I'm with you. go."

Lin Xi nodded: "Okay." She said in a puzzled manner: "I always feel that something is not right. According to the confession of the Chu family back then, the old lady Chu insisted that Chu Muyun eloped with someone, a freshman. The student died in an inexplicable village after eloping with someone. She had limited contact with people. The person she loved was most likely someone from the school, or someone she could usually come into contact with. Why didn't the police investigate? Who was that person she eloped with?"

Chu Muqing raised her eyes to look at her, her voice still a little choked: "In everyone's eyes, she is optimistic, lively and cheerful, and has excellent grades. Got Pregnant, temporarily suspended from school but she didn't tell us who the person who made her pregnant was."

Lin Xi sighed: "She really likes that person, and would rather bear it alone, but that person just abandoned her after being kidnapped."

Chu Muqing smiled bitterly. She had privately asked Chu Muyun back then why she did such a thing.

But Chu Muyun's eyes were full of determination, telling her that she was fed up with everything in the Chu family, she was fed up with being treated as a commodity by the old lady Chu, and she was trained only for the future, and she wanted to live for herself. , to live for love.

"After returning to the capital, can you accompany me to see grandma?" Chu Muqing looked at Lin Xi and asked softly.

"But..." Lin Xi frowned and looked at Chu Muqing puzzled: "Her temper like that is meaningless, right? Maybe she is the same as the people in Tongshao Village but not completely at all. I feel that I'm at fault. However, if she had chosen to call the police back then, another person might have taken it."

"I know." Chu Muqing lowered her eyebrows, "But I have something to ask her."

Lin Xi turned her head and looked at the weather outside the window. Outside the transparent glass window, the whole sky was gloomy.