chapter 166

Ignorance and indifference of the villagers in groups with hoes in their hands.

They stood proudly in front of the innocent woman. There might be children in the crowd. The children cheered and laughed and the crisp and innocent voices came out but it was so harsh to her.

The children laughed and laughed, pointed at the woman and said, "How can you outrun us?"

Yeah, how can you outrun them.

You are just an ordinary, unarmed person.

They gathered at the foot of the mountain in a turbulent manner. This was not the first time that they had been dispatched as a whole to round up an outsider.

Of course, it wasn't their last.

Maybe in their concept, it should be like this.

You come to us, then stay.

My child hasn't married a wife yet, so you should be his wife.

What?

Are you going to run?

Can you outrun all of us?

You can't run!

Even if you try your best to escape from here, won't we find you in the end?

Why are you kneeling and begging us?

why are you crying?

Your cries are worthless to us.

Your plea for mercy is also worthless to us.

What we want is you, we don't want anything.

We just need you to stay.

Even if you don't like it now.

It's okay, you'll be happy sooner or later.

You're the future of the village.

Your future child is our village's...

future.

,

After leaving the room, Lin Xi finally let out a slow breath.

But her body was still tense and she couldn't say a word.

So depressing, so depressing.

When she constructed pictures of Chu Muyun's experiences in that village before her death based on the description of that woman, her emotions became extraordinarily complicated.

She didn't even know what was in her heart.

She was terrified for the poor woman, she was crying as the poor woman begged for mercy.

After all these were over, she only had a strong hatred for those ignorant villagers in her heart.

Such hatred made her clench her fists. When the bloated and fat middle-aged woman was being interrogated, she even tried to explain herself to Luo Yanyu, who was interrogating her: "Why does she have to run? Anyway she runs too. If she doesn't get here, does she know the way out? Can she find her way in that little forest?"

"She doesn't know anything, so why does she have to run again and again?"

"Isn't it okay to just stay here with us? We will let her live well."

"We've been good enough to her..."

"We've been good enough to her!"

That woman didn't seem to understand why Chu Muyun ran away in the first place.