chapter 15

Lin Xi responded with a few words and hung up the phone.

Autumn is slightly cool, and the air is mixed with a bit of dampness after rain.

When it was time to get off work at noon, the streets outside the community were flooded with traffic. Roads were being built nearby, and traffic jams were a common occurrence. In addition, it was raining today, and the driver with road rage was cursing and swearing. Lin Xi, who was so loud, had a headache.

Just as she was about to go home, Mrs. Lin called.

"Xiao Xi, where are you?"

"Mom..." Lin Xi held the phone and said in a soft tone, "I'm outside."

"Outside?" Mrs. Lin said helplessly, "Where is outside? Did you mess around with Wang Zhihe and the others again?"

Lin Xi was about to explain.

"Didn't you promise your mother to come back tonight? Your grandfather celebrates his birthday today and is waiting to see you at the old house early in the morning. You child, the phone can't get through, you are so old and you don't have any snacks, why? I can't understand anything-"

"Mom!" Lin Xi interrupted her quickly and subconsciously assured her, "Don't worry, I'll go back in the afternoon."

Mrs. Lin didn't believe it, and persuaded softly, "Your grandfather misses you. It's rare for him to feel better. You can't be angry with him any more."

Lin Xi paused and replied, "I see."

"Have you prepared a birthday present for your grandfather?" Mrs. Lin asked again.

Lin Xi was speechless: "I'm sorry, I..."

"Alas." Mrs. Lin sighed softly and asked her again, "Have you run out of money?"

Lin Xi was startled.

what money? Is that three million?

Can this amount of money be spent in a short period of time?

"Not yet... There are many more." Lin Xi added: "It should be no problem to buy a birthday present for grandpa."

Mrs. Lin knows this daughter so well. How can she still have money if she spends money like water?

Mrs. Lin's voice was a little helpless: "Your grandfather doesn't care about your gift. When you arrives, say something nice, be good, and let the old man be happy."

Lin Xi promised again with a good attitude: "I know Mom, I will definitely be there tonight, I will be good, you can rest assured."

"By the way, your Aunt Sun's family will also come tonight." Mrs. Lin reminded her with a smile: "Her family's Xiaowu will also come, and you will accompany her more when that time comes."

Lin Xi frowned.

"xiao wu?" she asked.

"Yeah, your Aunt Sun is quite satisfied with you. I'll listen to her. Her xiao wu doesn't have a good impression of you. You should behave well."

Lin Xi was at a loss for words. She's already married to Chu Muqing. She was about to speak, considering whether to tell Mrs. Lin the truth.

Mrs. Lin changed the topic again and said in a deep voice, "Her family is a little worse, but it's easy to handle."

Lin Xi was startled: "What?"

"Kid, mom knows that you have high spirits. With such a family background as ours, even if you marry an Omega from the elector's family, you are worthy. It's just that you are a Beta, and your Uncle Lin's identity cannot be tainted."