chapter 44

Back home, Lin Xi took a shower and lay on the sofa in pajamas.

The living room was very quiet and the night air began to get cold the windows were closed by Chu Muqing, and the curtains were drawn.

The headlights above were turned off, leaving only a few small lights around, the dim yellow light was soothing and warm.

The wall clock in the living room was still ticking, time passed by one minute and soon it would be twelve o'clock. The sound of clattering came from the direction of the bathroom and the sound was not loud.

The little guy had already fallen asleep and Chu Muqing was taking a shower in the bathroom.

Maybe it was because of eating Japanese foods in the evening. Every dish of this restaurant was paired with wine. The excitement of alcohol hadn't subsided in her mind and she had some insomnia.

Chu Muqing bought her new clothes today and specially invited her to dinner, was it to thank her?

With Chu Muqing's introverted personality, expressing gratitude in this way is not surprising.

After a few minutes, the sound of the doorknob turning came and it was Chu Muqing who came out.

"Want to drink water?" A calm voice rang in her ears.

Lin Xi turned around and raised her eyes to look at her.

She was still wearing a nightgown, her slightly wet long hair was casually scattered behind her shoulders and the warm light shone on her delicate facial features making her cold eyebrows soft and gentle.

Lin Xi shook her head and sat up. She wrapped the quilt on her body only showing her head.

Seeing her actions, Chu Muqing hesitated for a while and asked her softly, "Will it be cold to sleep in the living room?"

"Ah? It's not cold." Lin Xi reacted later pulling the quilt on her body and said with a smile, "I'm used to this kind of things."

Chu Muqing's eyes fell on her face: "Huh?"

"It's a bit complicated..." Lin Xi thought for a while: "I used to have a very bad life. When I first graduated, I was a little poor."

Chu Muqing raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Then I found an internship job and I shared a house for several hundred yuan near the company. The rent in the city center is very expensive and I can't find a cheaper one,only the room that faces north and the windows that leaks in winter and there is no heating and I'm reluctant to turn on the air conditioner."

Chu Muqing listened quietly.

"That's why I covered the quilt on the bed all winter and this habit formed over time." Lin Xi smiled and asked her with a wink"Is it hard to imagine that the graduates are in such a difficult situation?"

Chu Muqing paused, how could it be unimaginable?

When she first interned in college her situation was not much better than that of Lin Xi.

Chu Muqing asked her, "Then how did you endure it?"

"That's just the beginning." Lin Xi lazily leaned back on the sofa with a smile on the corners of her eyes: "It got better after that, the second month after the salary started, I immediately changed to a nice big house, the air conditioner can be turned on for as long as i want and its very comfortable."

Lin Xi's tone made Chu Muqing silent her eyes fell on Lin Xi's face and Lin Xi was still smiling.

Some inexplicable emotions emerged in Chu Muqing's heart.