chapter 131

There were a lot of people in the Chu family villa and the whole living room was a mess.

Lin Xi felt a little irritable. They were all here to visit the grave of the old master of Chu tomorrow. The issues that they gathered together and discussed in a low voice revolved around the shares of the old man. Among all the people present, except for Chu Muqing and her an outsider, everyone present only one thing left in their mind is profit and money.

Old lady Chu was still pushing the mahjong in her hand, round after round. Seeing that she was in a good mood, Lin Xi narrowed her eyes and couldn't help laughing.

The death of her husband, who had accompanied her for most of her life, was approaching and she was in good spirits.

Lin Xi tilted her head and glanced at Chu Muqing. The woman's face was cold and she obviously heard the people's comments. Although she didn't say anything, Lin Xi knew that she was in a bad mood.

The snow outside seemed to be heavier. When someone entered or exited, the moment the door was opened, the cold wind pierced through the gap and drilled directly into the person's pores.

Lin Xi grabbed her hand and whispered, "You relatives are irritating."

Chu Muqing heard what she was referring to and whispered apologetically, "If you feel upset, I'll accompany you out for a walk."

Lin Xi shook her head: "It's snowing outside, I'm afraid you'll catch a cold." She thought of something and pulled the corners of her lips into a smile: "But walking in the snowy night is really romantic."

Chu Muqing asked her, "Then are you going?"

"I won't go." Lin Xi slumped on the sofa lazily, glanced at her face with a smile and looked up and down again: "Compared to being romantic with you, I hate to see you sick, This soft body, don't go out."

Chu Muqing: "..."

Lin Xi, who was obviously worried about her and her naked eyes completely changed the meaning.

Chu Muqing could only change the subject: "They've always been like this, I'm used to it, don't worry."

"It's precisely because I know these people have been like this that I'm even more angry." Lin Xi frowned, looking a little coldly at her and looked at her distressedly: "How did you manage to get through it in the past?"

"Nothing..." Chu Muqing's tone was flat and her face was very calm but Lin Xi could see a bit of sadness in her eyes.

Lin Xi shook her hand and joked deliberately, "It's okay, whoever dares to bully you in the future, I'll break the sky."

Chu Muqing looked at her quietly, blinked and asked after a while, "What does that mean?"

"It means that 'the weather is cold and the Wang family will go bankrupt'" Lin Xi looked at her and chuckled, "It can be replaced by 'the cold weather will make the Chu family go bankrupt'. Its a line from a novel"

Chu Muqing understood, and after thinking about it carefully, it felt a little funny again.

Lin Xi looked at the corners of her raised lips and finally felt relieved, the girl was in a better mood.

"You used to... often read novels?" Chu Muqing asked curiously.

Lin Xi nodded: "Look, it's not very often, I occasionally read to take a break or to pass the time."

Chu Muqing thought for a while and then asked, "Are there any interesting words in the novel?"

Lin Xi clasped her chin with her index finger, in a contemplative state. After a while, she suddenly winked at her and said ambiguously, "There's still a bed scene, it's interesting."