chapter 80

A bit of surprise flashed in Lin Xi's eyes, not expecting that the other party would take the initiative.

When Chu Muqing hugged her, Lin Xi's arms kept drooping all the time. Chu Muqing gently wrapped her waist and wrapped her whole body in her arms.

She turned her eyes slightly and her chin accidentally touched Lin Xi's cheek.

Lin Xi didn't notice this and there were a few tears on her pretty face.

Moving her gaze upward, Chu Muqing's gaze swept across her delicate facial features vaguely.

It was an innocent and delicate face. At this moment, Lin Xi looked soft and weak, innocent and harmless, like a wounded deer, fragile and vulnerable, which could arouse people's desire for protection.

Lin Xi just let her hold her like this, it wasn't an ambiguous hug between lovers but the feeling of being wrapped in the good smell of Chu Muqing made her feel... very warm in such a windy night.

In fact, no one has ever hugged her like this and no one has comforted her so tenderly.

Chu Muqing's lips rubbed close to her ear and called her softly, "Lin Xi."

Lin Xi slowed down and looked up at her: "Huh?"

Her voice was soft and soft, like a gust of warm wind sliding past her ears, a little itchy.

Chu Muqing looked at her tenderly, she didn't even ask anything just comforted her softly: "It's okay, it's over."

Lin Xi lowered her eyes, she could feel Chu Muqing patting her back gently, as if comforting a child.

"It's really hard to get through..." She sniffed and suddenly asked her, "Chu Muqing, do you believe in cause and effect?"

Chu Muqing's voice was very soft: "Huh?"

"It's complicated..." Lin Xi shook her head gently and finally said, "Because of my relationship, the original cause and effect were disrupted causing innocent people to bear the consequences."

Her voice was low, her voice trembling slightly.

Lin Xi blamed herself: "I always thought that as long as I maintain the principle of being a human being and maintain goodness things will always get better and I have done my best to bear all this. In fact, before this everything It's really getting better."

Chu Muqing's eyes fell on her face and at the same time, Lin Xi's eyes filled with a bit of a wry smile: "But—an accident happened, that innocent person...because of me..."

She couldn't speak any longer, Chu Muqing noticed that her body was shaking slightly.

"Lin Xi, don't be afraid..." Chu Muqing patted her on the back soothingly and told her in a very soft voice, "There is nothing wrong with kindness and principles and no one will accuse you of anything."

Lin Xi was slightly startled.

Before she said these words, she didn't even expect to wait for any comfort from Chu Muqing, she just wanted to find someone to talk to.

But Chu Muqing still found something to comfort her from these inconsistencies.

Lin Xi raised her head in a daze and asked uncertainly, "Is that so?"

"Well, it's like this." Chu Muqing told her patiently, "No one will criticize your principles. The principles themselves are not wrong. If your principles lead to a bad outcome, Are you going to change your original principles next time?"

Lin Xi blinked: "What?"

Chu Muqing looked at her and asked, "For example, no longer kindness?"

Lin Xi frowned and said firmly: "Of course not!"