chapter 137

When in the car, Lin Xi suddenly felt a little tired.

The work and entertainment for the past few days is indeed a bit overwhelming. Sometimes it is really funny to think about it. She studied design and made games across the line. She should have lived a life like corporate screws but now she is taking into account the overall coordination of the whole. The operation of the company also needs to be able to socialize with people in the so-called "upper class" circles from all walks of life.

Chu Muqing also seemed a little tired. The two sat in the back seat together and the driver was driving in front.

The sky is already dark and the moonless sky is like a huge black screen but the neon outside the window is colorful and beautiful adding a few different colors to this icy city.

Chu Muqing's eyes were looking at the night scene outside the window.

Lin Xi passed her arms behind her and wrapped her entire shoulders around her: "Are you tired?"

Lin Xi asked her softly, "Do you want to sleep for a while?"

Chu Muqing moved closer to her, tilted her head and leaned on the left side of her shoulder.

Lin Xi held Chu Muqing's hand and the two of them sat silently without speaking. They seemed to be enjoying the quiet moment after work.

Chu Muqing could hear her steady breathing. She didn't know what was wrong but Lin Xi hugged her so quietly. It was an ordinary move but a particularly warm feeling filled her heart.

Outside the car window, the light is on and off and there are thousands of lights in the distance.

Much like a gorgeous and unreal dream, when you wake up everything seems to be in tatters.

At the destination, Lin Xi got off the car first and when Chu Muqing got off Lin Xi thoughtfully blocked the overhead position for her.

"Be careful." Lin Xi reminded gently.

Chu Muqing put her right hand in her palm. When she landed on her feet before she could stand still she grabbed her hand and pushed her into her arms and Chu Muqing happened to bump into her arms.

Lin Xi's voice sounded right next to her ear with a smile: "I told you to be careful."

Chu Muqing was still in shock, so she could only hate her: "stupid."

Lin Xi took her through the alley, stood in the lights in front of the courtyard gate and smiled at her.

She seemed to be afraid that she would be cold so she hugged her tighter.

The tip of Chu Muqing's nose touched the position of her shoulder and she smelled the cold sandalwood scent on her body and it smelled good.

The place Lin Xi brought her to is a private restaurant, which specializes in retro court dishes.

It is said that the ancestor of the owner used to be the royal chef in the palace especially since this restaurant is located in a courtyard where the land is expensive and there are many people booking every day but the place is so expensive not everyone can book it.

The place is a bit out of the way and all the cars parked outside the alley are expensive luxury cars. Lin Xi obviously came a lot on weekdays and the general manager came out to greet them in person.

Chu Muqing was a little curious about why Lin Xi brought her to such a high-end place.

In her past knowledge, Lin Xi has always been a very pragmatic person and even Lin Xi herself laughed at herself. The romance she didn't understand very much was a bit like an ordinary upstart.