It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 49 Little Progress

75.3K 2.8K 320
By ambivertreader

Nathan's POV

It is strange that most of the good things which happened in my life are because of Abigail. It is like she came into my life made everything perfect. 

Yeah, I was stupid not to realize this before, but now I don't hesitate to accept that Abigail brought love and luck, both, into my life. 

Soon she will also be in my life too. How? I don't know. But what I know is that I am just going to listen to my heart and follow it. 

"Mr.Knight these are some projects which are looking promising, in my opinion, you should invest in them," Emily suggests, "They will prove to be beneficial for the company."

Emily, recently, joined our company as a financial advisor. 

"All these projects are best for the company's financial growth," she smiles and twirls some of her hair in her fingers.

Noticing this my mind drifts back to Abigail. Her hair is really beautiful? Or is it just me who finds them beautiful? 

I hear a dim sound of laughter from the lobby, which immediately catches my attention, as I can recognize this laugh from a thousand miles away.

I get up from my seat and walk towards the door, ignoring whatever Emily is saying. Opening the door I see Abigail merrily chatting with Amelia, my secretary. Amelia says something to Abigail, which causes her to laugh and she covers her mouth with her hand.

When I approach them, Amelia quickly straighten up and Abigail stops laughing, but still, she has a small smile playing on her face.

"Abigail," I smile, "I did not know you were coming," I say as I put my hand in my pocket. I am pleasantly surprised to see her.

"Actually, I just came to drop this file," she motions her hand towards the file on the table.

"Why didn't you come straight to my office?" I ask her. 

"It is fine... Amelia told me you are busy with your meeting," she shrugs, "So I don't want to disturb you," she puts her hair behind her ear, which escaped from her ponytail. My eyes following her hand movement, "I was just about to leave."

Her hair is really beautiful!

Will she be mad if I touch her hair? Maybe I can try without some audience, so even if she smacks me then no one will know.

"It was nothing important," I tear my gaze away from her hair and return it to her face, "And it is already over," I shrug and lie.

As now when I am declared as a lovesick puppy, I will act like one too.  

Even if it was important I would never mind being disturbed by Abigail.

"Come inside," I motion her with my hand towards the office, after thinking for a moment she nods her head.

I make a mental note to tell Amelia that whenever Abigail comes, inform me, even if I am in a meeting.

I enter the office and close the door. Emily peeks up and smiles at me, which turns into a forced one when she sees Abigail.

Maybe she didn't like Abigail being here, just like I am not liking her presence in this room, as I want to be alone with my Abigail.

"Abigail this is Emily, our financial advisor," I tell Abigail, "And she is my..." 

What should I say? My friend or partner or my wife, because honestly, she is all of these. 

Will she be offended if I call her my wife? 

I will do what I have decided, I will not think much and listen to my heart. My heart instantly says she is mine.

 "She is my friend, my partner, my Abigail," I turn to Abigail and introduce her while keeping my gaze on her. 

Surprise evident on Abigail's features, which increases when she hears my Abigail. 

No doubt she is my friend... my partner... but most importantly she is my Abigail.

Abigail masks her surprise, then smiles and nods at her as she sits on the chair in front of the table. Emily returns her smile, which looks as fake as plastic.

"You can leave," I look at Emily, "Meeting is over."

"But, there are still few things which are left to be discussed," she quickly says.

Can't you get the hint? I want to be alone with my girl!

"I have said the meeting is over!" I glare at her, "Leave the file, I will study it later. But now you can leave."

She stares at Abigail for a moment, then nods and leaves the room.

"You know, I already have a long list of haters," Abigail arches an eyebrow, "Thanks to you one more person is added to that list now," she points towards the door. She looks like she is still trying to overcome her earlier shock.

"Don't worry, I am here to deal with all your haters," I wink at her.

Instead, of going and sitting on my chair, I lean against the table facing her. There is awkward silence between us, I tap my fingers against the edge of the table, as I intently look at her. 

Hannah was right, she seems different. It is like the real Abigail is missing... her eyes always used to have a strange twinkle in them, they were full of life. However, now they are dull. She smiles and laughs, but still, it is nothing like before. I close my eyes and grip the edge of the table to get hold of my emotions, knowing somewhere I am the reason behind this. 

Opening my eyes, I watch her as she is looking down and chewing her bottom lip while fidgeting her fingers. Which I have learned, is a habit of hers when she is anxious or something is bothering her.

"Something is bothering you?" I ask her.

I hope that something is not me.

"No..." she frowns and shakes her head, then sighs, "Yeah, actually, I want to ask you something." 

Her gaze holds apprehension and reluctance which I do not like a bit, as I want her to talk to me openly without any hesitation. I know that it will take time for her to open up to me again, but still, I don't like that she is hesitant.

"Miles invited me to his birthday trip," she looks at me.

"You don't want me to come?" I nod and ask her.

If me being there is making her uncomfortable, then I will not go. I know he will throw a big fit, but I can handle him. As he will easily forget everything by uninterrupted day of video games and endless supplies of pizza. 

"No, it is not that," she shakes her head and quickly leans forward, making me smile in relief. 

"I don't know what to gift him," she sighs and slumps back in the chair.

"So, you want me to help you buying his gift?" 

"Yes," she nods her head feverously.

"I would have asked Natalie, but her gifts ideas are a bit... outrageous," she makes a face, "As I want to gift him something which will have a personal touch to it, so I thought you can help me," she says and glances at me.

"Of course, I will help you," I smile. The fact that she is putting so much thought in Miles gift, increases my love for her more. He is an annoying idiot, but still, I love him.

"He told me about his sister," she says in a sympathetic tone, "I know I can't do anything to lessen his pain, but I still want to make him happy."

 "Anything which is food will make him happy, "I joke trying to wipe that sad look from her face and succeeds when she smiles.

"I know," she laughs, "Yesterday, he came to my home at midnight because I told him I am planning to have leftover grilled chicken," she laughs a bit more, "Above all he made me promise that  I wouldn't even enter the kitchen until he is not there."

I just love the sound of her laugh. 

"Wait, what?" I frown, "Last night he came to your house?"

"Yeah," she slowly nods.

I curse him under my breath, as last night he canceled our plan last minute saying that he has to take care of something important so he would not come.

"He canceled our plan and told me that he has to deal with something important," I narrow my eyes and tell her. 

Maybe it is the time we should have some best friend talk and make it clear that he can't ditch me for food.

"He told you the truth," she defends him, "He had to deal with the grilled chicken, which was really important," she nods her head with a serious expression.

I shake my head and sigh, both interesting characters are in my life. God help me! If they both decide to team up against me.

"Let us go," I push myself straight and go behind the table to grab my mobile and car keys.

"Where?" she frowns in confusion.

"You told, you have to buy Miles gift, so I am taking you for shopping," I shrug.

"Just give me some ideas, I will buy the gift myself," she says still sitting on the chair, "You don't have to come."

"It is not a problem," I shake my head, "I think it will be easier for me to tell you, what he may like if I will come with you, and even I have to buy his gift."

Please say yes.

And Miles fucker should be thankful that I am buying a gift for him, for the first time willingly. As normally, he forces me to buy a gift for him. Sometimes by emotionally blackmailing me or sometimes just borrowing my card and buying a gift for himself on my behalf, then informing me later.

"Ok," she thinks for a while, then nods her head.

I grin happily as we both walk out of the office.

Why I am so happy? Because I will get time to spend with her.

"You can leave your car here," I tell her as we walk towards the elevator, "I will ask my driver to bring it back to your house."

Nicolas has gifted her a car as her graduation present. However, she had missed her graduation ceremony as she was in the coma. 

"I didn't drive here," she says as she presses the button to call the elevator, "I simply walked here," she shrugs.

"What? Weather is nice and it is just a fifteen-minute walk," she adds trying to look innocent when she sees my irritated look.

I never like when she walks alone anywhere, especially after I learned that Owen was following her. Even when now everything is over, I can't overlook things when it comes to her safety. 

"Can you please tell me when you want to walk here or anywhere else? So that I can come with you," I sigh exasperatingly. 

"No, because I don't need any Knight in Shining Armor..." teasing smile playing on her lips.

I nod and look down, letting her think she has the last word.

You can't always have the last word, wife!

"I know, but," I lean down and whisper in her ear, "This Knight needs you," I slowly slip my hand into hers and lace our fingers together.

She looks stunned, her mouth slightly open. I smile looking at her surprised look and bring my fingers under her chin and slowly close her mouth. She quickly looks away to hide her embarrassment. Before she can pull her hand away, the elevator door opens and I drag her inside the elevator. 

Now, it is my turn to get surprised as she doesn't draw her hand back. Surely, this is a slow start, but still, it is progress. I can't wipe off the smile from my face noticing our intertwined hands. She is not even aware, that how effortlessly she has entwined my soul and heart with hers. 

*********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 90 20
"Oh, so you really are becoming your dad then?" 'Yeah, maybe I am. Got a problem with it?' ... This married couple is having some issues, like all ma...
474K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...
28.1K 1.2K 31
I am Brooklyn Hanna Adams my friends call me Brooke. I had turned 18 when my life turned upside down. In a blink of eye my life changed from a daddie...
13.1K 312 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...