A girl from a different unive...

By sapphiresorceress21

So you've been in the wrong universe basically your whole life, let's see how this pans out! There are some... More

1. Beginning
2. Overwhelmed
3. The Battle
4. Trying
5. Powers?
6. Missions
7. Trouble
8. The Reveal
9. Bucky?
10. Chips
11. Friend Turned Foe
12. Hurt
13. Loki's Scepter
14. Party's Over
16. Cradle
17. Battle Against Ultron
18. New Avengers
19. Logos
20. Accords
21. Bucharest
22. Trigger Words
23. Hiding
24. Civil War
25. Crumbled From Within
26. Wakanda
27. Cryo
28. Jail Break
29. Sleepover
30. Headaches
31. Trips
32. Secrets
33. Confused
34. Revelations
35. Date
36. A Day With Bucky
37. Love
38. Hela
39. Sakaar
40. Grandmaster's Champion
41. What Heroes Do
42. Revengers
43. Ragnarok
44. Children of Thanos
45. Frantic
46. Infinity War
47. What Now?
48. After
49. Hope?
50. Five Years
51. Mobius Strip Inverted
52. Test Run
53. Time Heist
54. Endgame
55. Goodbyes
56. Grief
57. Out
58. The Hex
59. Halloween 
60. The Sapphire Sorceress
61. The Scarlet Witch
62. Shield
63. Flag Smashers
64. Protective
65. Therapy
66. Zemo
67. Madripoor
68. Club
69. Ship Yard
70. Old Friends
71. All Eyes Watching
72. Stitches
73. The Boat
74. Truths
75. Spice*
76. Legacy
77. Commn Ground
78. Family
79. Big News
80. Plan's
81. Shopping
82. Parties
83. Nerves
84. Forever
85. Growing
86. Who's Peter?
87. Pain
88. Short Author's Note
89. Babies

15. Mind Games

549 22 1
By sapphiresorceress21

You all gathered in the lab. "All our work is gone." Bruce said "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve said.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat said in a more casual outfit now.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodes asked walking across the lab holding his arm.

"Nuclear codes." Maria said from the chair where she was taking out the pieces of glass out of her foot.

"Nuclear codes. Look we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodes stated.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat said.

"He didn't say 'dead.' He said 'extinct.'" Steve said.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint spoke up.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said.

Tony walked to the middle of the room, "Yes, there was." And pulled up a very broken Jarvis.

"What? This is insane." Bruce said putting his hands around the broken sphere.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve said.

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is, rage." Bruce explained.

Thor came stomping towards Tony and when he turned around he held his throat and held him in the air.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Steve tried to calm him down.

"It's going around." Clint unamused joked.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony struggled to say.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor deemed.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve spoke.

Thor dropped Tony still with a hard face on, "Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat spoke.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr. Cho asked from the disassembled bot.

Tony started chuckling from the other side of the room next to Bruce. You all looked at him in question and Bruce just shook his head.

"Really Tony?" You asked. 

"You think this is funny?" Thor said after.

Tony turned around trying to be serious, "No. it's probably not, right? This is very terrible. Is it so..." he starts chuckling again, "is it so... it is. It is so terrible."

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor said as Tony interrupted.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. it is funny." He said walking to Thor, "It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time." Bruce said.

"Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?" Tony said.

"Only when I've created a murder bot." He answered.

"We didn't. We weren't even close..." He tried to explain.

"Tony, don't talk to Bruce like that. He has a point. Like I told you, 3 days it was gonna take, when are you going realize you're wrong." You said walking closer to him with your arms crossed.

"Oh, don't start." He said to you then turned back to Bruce, "Were we even close to an interface?"

"Well, you did something right." Steve spoke up, "And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" He ignored Steve.

"No, it's never come up." Rhodes said sarcastically.

"Great, this again." You rolled your eyes and threw your hands up.

"Saved New York? Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing 300 feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but you there, that's... that's the endgame." When he said that it made your heart stop. "How were you guys planning on beating that?"
"Together." Steve said.

"We'll lose." Tony said.

"Then we'll do that together, too." Steve said in finality. "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The worlds a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Steve gave the speech and we all broke apart.

You walked up to Tony while he stared ahead. "It doesn't matter what universe you're in. Ultron always turns bad. I tried to tell you. I wish there was a way to protect this world, but there are things here we aren't even able to defend ourselves from."
There was silence for a few seconds.

"I should have been more careful. I should have listened to you, I'm sorry. I was wrong." Tony said turning to you.

"Wow, did I just make the, Tony Stark, apologize?" You said sarcastically with a smirk.

"Oh whatever, time to hug it out." He said with a roll of his eyes and smiled bringing you into a hug.

^^^

The next morning you and Nat were sat at a computer talking to Rhodes who was back at base making sure everything was in check. Tony, Thor and Bruce gathered around you too when Steve came in with an tablet.

"What's this?" Tony asked After Steve handed the tablet to Thor. 

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Thor hit the tablet on Tony's chest and he took it.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." He handed it to Nat for you and her to look at.

"This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" She questioned.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve said.

"Yeah, I bet he... yeah. Everything we had in Strucker's been erased." Nat found.

"Not everything." Steve said.

You all then went to a room full of boxes with files and a model of the Avengers tower, which you were in. You all flipped through different files and different boxes.

"Known associates. Baron Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve said.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce said.

"Wait. I know that guy." Tony said to Bruce who had a file open. "From back in the day. He operates off the African Coast. Black market arms." Steve stared him down, "There are conventions. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab." Tony explained.

"This?" Thor pointed out.

"Ah, it's a tattoo, I don't think he had it."  Tony said.

"No, those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor explained.

Bruce went over to the computer to look it up but you beat him to it. "It's a word in an African dialect that means 'thief' in a very unfriendly way."

"What dialect?" Steve asked surprised you knew.

"Wakandan, where your shields material comes from. Ultrons looking for Vibranium to help build his perfect body. We also need to send people over to Dr. Cho's lab to insure her and her staffs safety he's after her too." You said putting the files back into boxes. You looked up to everyone looking at you stunned or confused. "What, I tried telling you I know what's happening you just won't let me. Also, Bruce I would advise you not to come. I know this is supposed to be all of us but it is a very stressful situation we are about to be put into." You said making eye contact. 

"Well I'll take the risk, I'm not risking your guy's safety." He said back.

"Well, then all I can say is do not open the back of the jet by any means necessary. Even if coms cut out, you stay in there with it locked up. Unless you hear one of us, stay in." You said seriously.

"I promise." He said a bit scared but sincerely.

"I thought your father had the last of Vibranium Stark." Steve said.

"Wakanda, is bigger than you think." You said with a smirk and headed out he door to get suited up.

^^^

You got inside the ship while Ultron kicked Klaue down a stairwell. "Stark is... He's a sickness?" Ultron said raising his hand.

"Ah, Junior." Tony said landing in front of Thor and Steve. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to." He said as him and the Maximoff's stepped closer.

You, Clint and Natasha all hid behind separate walls close by. 

"Nobody has to break anything." Thor said.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron quipped quickly.

"He beat me by one second." Tony stated.

"Ah, yes. He's funny. Mr. Stark." Pietro said stepping closer, "It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" He looked at the missiles.

"This was never my life." Tony spoke.

"You two can still walk away from this." Cap said.

"Oh, we will." Wanda mocked sadly

"I know you've suffered." He tried.

Ultron scoffed, "Captain America. God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war. I cant physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor interrupted.

"I think you're confusing 'peace' with 'quite.'" They stated.

"Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Tony asked.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." He then raised his and a pulled Tony close by using a magnet while two bots came down and attacked Thor and Cap.

He then used a laser and pushed Tony into a wall. They then flew at each other and started a fight.
Klaue's men than came out ready to attack you used your powers and pushed some back and others you sent them in a trance.

"It's time for some mind games." You heard  him whisper to Wanda.

"No," you whispered and sent a large surge knocking all of the men down around you. You tried to using your mind to try and get into contact with Wanda via telepathy, it was one of you weaker powers but you felt like it could be stronger with the right connection. 'Wanda, if you can hear me, don't do this. I know you don't mean to be but you're on the wrong side. If you don't believe me now a lot of people could get hurt. If Ultron succeeds the whole world will be gone.' You said telepathically.

"Get out of my head!" You heard her Sokovian accent get thicker.

You opened your eyes after you felt a gust of wind and looked around being in a different place of the ship.

"Thor, status." Steve said through coms.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care. I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately..." He didn't end his sentence.

"Damn it." You said knowing he's seeing Asgard. You know next comes Steve and try to find him unfortunately again a gust of wind comes by, this time you fall on the ground. "Oh come on Pietro!" He zooms in front of you. "Why not just take me out?" You question him.

"That's what she's for." He said you turned around and saw Wanda ready to use her powers but you push her back with a blast of yours. You both circle each other with your powers ready.

"Wanda, please, I know you both are thinking this is good but it's not." You pleaded.

"How come we've never heard of you?" She questioned.

"Because until this moment I wanted to be more of a secret. I wanted to make sure you could both trust me." You said.

"Why would we trust you when you side with the person who killed our parents." Pietro spoke from the side.

You let your powers go. "Because, it wasn't him, he didn't know his weapons were being used by the wrong side."

"Well, look who's on the wrong side now." She flicked her fingers to your temples you gasped as your eyes filled with red.

"I forgive you." You whispered before you fell to the ground.

You woke up on the ground of your old room. Your old step father standing over you with a belt.

"You will always be a disappointment." He said and gave a hit. You screamed in pain. "You deserve to feel pain." Another hit. "You are unlovable." Hit. "You are a disappointment." Hit. "You have nothing good going for you." Hit. "The only thing your good at is playing possum." Hit. "You will never amount to anything." Hit. "You can't even protect your family." Hit. "Once you're gone it's your sister next."

"NO!" You scream and your powers unleash. You look down at your hands in horror. You back into the corner scared. Police men come storming in led by Kevin. They see him in the ground unconscious and cuff him before they call for an ambulance. Kevin comes over to you and you jump at the contact.

"It's okay, it's okay." He assures and pulls you into a slow hug. You sob into his shoulder while they get the abuser out of the room.

You woke up with a gasp getting out of the trance with Steve setting you down on a seat in the jet. 'That can't be real, I would remember using my powers in my old world. Why would my mind just erase that event?' You thought to yourself. You looked around and saw Bruce kneeling beside you putting a light to your eye.

You widened your eyes and wrapped your arms around him. "Oh thank God, you're okay." You whispered.

"Only thanks to you." He whispered back and you squeezed him more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.4K 81
I am completely rewriting some of this, so read this one while you can! As soon as the other one is finished, this will be deleted!
293K 3.6K 37
Marvel One Shots I'm comfortable writing anything, just message me a request :)
4.5K 131 11
Marvel X Reader Mainly for female reader but can write for other genders :) I do take requests, and this is for all marvel universes I don't own any...
324K 6.5K 43
Different imagines of situations with different marvel characters - most will be avengers - I do not own any of the marvel characters- all rights fo...