A girl from a different unive...

By sapphiresorceress21

So you've been in the wrong universe basically your whole life, let's see how this pans out! There are some... More

1. Beginning
2. Overwhelmed
3. The Battle
4. Trying
5. Powers?
6. Missions
7. Trouble
8. The Reveal
9. Bucky?
11. Friend Turned Foe
12. Hurt
13. Loki's Scepter
14. Party's Over
15. Mind Games
16. Cradle
17. Battle Against Ultron
18. New Avengers
19. Logos
20. Accords
21. Bucharest
22. Trigger Words
23. Hiding
24. Civil War
25. Crumbled From Within
26. Wakanda
27. Cryo
28. Jail Break
29. Sleepover
30. Headaches
31. Trips
32. Secrets
33. Confused
34. Revelations
35. Date
36. A Day With Bucky
37. Love
38. Hela
39. Sakaar
40. Grandmaster's Champion
41. What Heroes Do
42. Revengers
43. Ragnarok
44. Children of Thanos
45. Frantic
46. Infinity War
47. What Now?
48. After
49. Hope?
50. Five Years
51. Mobius Strip Inverted
52. Test Run
53. Time Heist
54. Endgame
55. Goodbyes
56. Grief
57. Out
58. The Hex
59. Halloween 
60. The Sapphire Sorceress
61. The Scarlet Witch
62. Shield
63. Flag Smashers
64. Protective
65. Therapy
66. Zemo
67. Madripoor
68. Club
69. Ship Yard
70. Old Friends
71. All Eyes Watching
72. Stitches
73. The Boat
74. Truths
75. Spice*
76. Legacy
77. Commn Ground
78. Family
79. Big News
80. Plan's
81. Shopping
82. Parties
83. Nerves
84. Forever
85. Growing
86. Who's Peter?
87. Pain
88. Short Author's Note
89. Babies

10. Chips

663 24 4
By sapphiresorceress21

(Bit of a shorter chapter, sorry.)

You were sat across Nat and Sam and sat on the right of Steve. They had put some sort of power dampening cuffs on you which made healing much slower. You felt like you were gonna pass out from the blood loss but tried to keep strong.

"It was him." Steve whispered, you looked at him heartbroken. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 yeas ago." Sam asked.

"Zola, Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experienced on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." He realized, "They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat interrupted.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." He paused and looked at you, he realized you were spacing out almost falling over and the blood on your shoulder than looked to your leg to see the same thing.

Sam noticed Nat then you too, "We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put more pressure on these wounds, they're gonna bleed out here in the truck."

One of the guards held up an electric rod to Sam which made him jump then turned it to hit their partner then kicked him across the face and the guard fell to the floor.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Said Maria as she took the hemet off. "Who's this guy?" She asked looking at Sam.

"Maria, yay, I'm gonna go ta..." you spoke drunkly and didn't finish your sentence before passing out nearly falling on the ground but Sam reached over and held you up.

^^^

You woke up as the van came to a stop with a jerk but was held back by two pairs of hands. You adjusted your eyes as the door opened and was picked up by Steve.

"I'm not a baby I can walk." You said folding your arms with a frown.

"Cute of you to think you're anything but." Steve said with a smirk. You looked up at him and tried to make an angrier face but failed and then just leaned into his shoulder.

Maria opened the door to the safe house. Steve carried you through the halls and you saw someone running up to you.

"Nat lost at least a pint, and y/n lost almost two." Maria explained.

"Let me take um," the doctor said.

"They'll want to see him first." Maria said.

She took you further in and through some plastic that was hung up to see Fury laying in a hospital bed alive as ever.

"About damn time." Fury said when he saw the group.

The doctor worked on you first, thankfully you were able to start healing faster once the power dampeners were off but needed to get a blood transfusion.

He started working on Nat once the IV was in your arm. Fury started to name every injury that he had endured.

You had zoned out, but got back to the conversation after the doctor had spoke.

"Let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good. Thanks to the doc but also y/n, for using her powers." Fury said and looked to you, you gave a smile and shook your head indicating it wasn't a big deal.

"They cut you open. Your heart stopped." Nat said.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." He explained.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asked.

"Any attempt on the Director's life had to look successful." Maria answered.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." Fury said looking at Cap.
Nat looked a bit saddened.

During the transfusion you decided to take a nap to try and gain some strength and let your body heal itself. You noticed your body was gaining more scars, the first one from Loki's scepter, on the front and back of your left shoulder, a small one up on your eyebrow from the battle of New York and now the two bullet wounds since you weren't able to use your powers for a bit, they were gonna leave a bit of a scar but they'll end up like the brow one and get smaller and less defined.

As you took your nap you started to have a nightmare. You started tossing in your sleep feeling as if it was real.

You're old step father was coming closer to you in the corner as you used yourself as a shield for your sister who was hysterical behind you.

"You need to be taught a lesson." He said drunkenly to Jasmine.

"You will not touch her!" You demanded.

You looked behind him and saw your mother knocked out cold with blood on her face.

"Fine, you can take her place." He said raising his fist.

"Y/n!" Your heard someone scream, "Y/n! wake up!"

As he was about to hit you you jolted awake on the makeshift bed breathing heavy and put your had to your chest. You felt the sweat dripping off of you and herd crashes all around seeing blue mist evaporate from it. Steve put his hand on your shoulder which made you jump and fall off the bed.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, it's just me." He said coming around the bed to you.

You scrambled to your feet and jumped at him. He caught you in his arms as your wrapped your legs around his waist and put your face in the crook of his neck. He started rocking and rubbing your back as you started to silently cry, whispering 'you're okay, you're safe,' and shushing you.

He'd been through similar instances with you and knew how to help you through the harder times.
It started happening when you were a few weeks in from stepping through the portal, it eventually got better. Once you started doing missions again depending how they were it started up again.

Sometimes it was the missions, sometimes it was from the Battle of New York, but for some reason it was almost always about your old step father.

You gathered yourself together and lifted your head from his neck and let down your feet. You kept your eyes on the ground, "Thank you, I'm sorry..."

"Nope, no sorry's." He's said putting his hands on your cheeks and made you look up at him. "Are you okay?" He asked gently. You just nodded your head and one final tear came down your cheek. "I love ya, kid." He said and kissed your hair.

"Love ya too, Cap." You said with a smile.

^^^

You all gathered in another room not long after and Fury was seated holding a picture. "This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch." Nat spoke up.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." He said opening up a case that had three chips in it.

"What's that?" Sam questioned.

"Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet," Hill said as she turned a computer around. "They'll triangulate with insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized."

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Fury added.

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." She finished

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is Hydra. We have to get past them, insert these server blades. And maybe, just maybe we can salvage what's left..."

Fury was interrupted my Steve, "We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D."

"S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with this." Fury tried to argue.

"You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been compromised. You said so yourself. Hydra grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." Steve said.

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Fury said.

"How many paid the price before you did?" Steve said and you looked at him sadly.

Fury looked down, "Look, I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that, too? S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, it all goes." Steve said.

"He's right." Hill said after some silence.

Fury looked from her to you then Nat as you all were in agreement then looked to Sam. "Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." He said.

He looked back at Cap who wasn't backing down.
"Well... It looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." They looked at each other a moment longer.

"Dang, just kiss already." You said sarcastically.

"And that's why I love ya already." Sam said while Nat and Maria smiled and held back a laugh and Steve rolled his eyes amused and walked away.

"I cannot believe you said that." Fury looked at you trying to be serious.

"What, everyone was thinking it." You gestured your hands, they just chuckled.

You and Sam walked outside and saw Steve looking over the dam.

"He's gonna be there, you know." Sam said as we got closer.

"I know." He said back, still looking straight.

"Look, whoever he used to be and the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam said.

You hit his arm. "No, he's the kind you help. It's not like he's doing it for fun, Hydra brainwashed him and made him their meat puppet." You said sternly.

"Yeah but he might not give us a choice. He doesn't remember Steve." Sam said.

"He will." Steve said back. "Gear up. It's time."

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you got to wear a uniform." Steve said walking away.

Sam looked back at you, "You are strong as hell, damn, you hit like my sister." He said running his arm.

"Well, your sisters probably great and don't say stupid things." You said and turned around and walked back ahead of him to suit up.

You all got ready and you followed Maria through the woods with Sam and Steve to S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters, ready for war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 27 38
All Avenger characters I write for
4.3K 128 11
Marvel X Reader Mainly for female reader but can write for other genders :) I do take requests, and this is for all marvel universes I don't own any...
131K 1.4K 41
Just like the title says, a series of Avengers imagines. I do not own any of the characters in this book except (y/n) you. Requests are still open, s...
476K 8.7K 44
Just a collection of one-shots I made when I was super bored Feedback is always appreciated There is language in this story and adult themes I DON'T...