Chapter 108: Cabin Fever

It was finally the weekend, Peter, Ned, and MJ were given directions by Tony to drive up to the cabin. The stress of college life and being a literal superhero weighed heavily on Peter, so this getaway was a way to let all the little worries melt away.

It was the middle of October, the air was crisp, and the smell of pumpkin spice was absolutely everywhere. Though Peter and MJ weren't fans of the trendy drink, they put up with it because Ned liked it.

As they drove and eventually parked in the driveway, they unpacked the car and went into the house. Looking around and settling in, there were two rooms, Ned knew Peter and MJ were bunking together. (They are boyfriend and girlfriend after all.) Which meant he would be by himself.

After they settled in they dec to order some food a watch some Halloween movies, they decided to watch Hocus Pocus, right when they got halfway through the movie, the cabin became pitch black. They all turned the flashlights on their phones and looked at each other confusedly.

"I knew it was raining, but I didn't think it'd cause a power outage." Peter said.

"I'll check the power box." MJ said, getting up from the couch and trying to fix the power. But nothing worked, so she sat back down by Peter while Ned was looking around for something.

"Ned, what are you doing?" Peter asked, their friend looked back at them.

"I'm looking for matches, so we can light some candles or the fireplace. You guys want to be warm right?" Ned replied.

After helping Ned search, they found matches in a kitchen drawer. They lit some candles, and the big living room fireplace, sighing and not knowing what to do, MJ comes up with an idea. "We should tell horror stories, this entire cabin fits the aesthetic." She said.

Peter and Ned shrugged, "Count me in, I've got the perfect story." Peter told them.

"Okay Pete, let's hear it!" Ned exclaimed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, so it starts with a boy named Evan, he and his brother Greyson, recently moved to a small town in Maine with his mom. Because their mom packed them up and moved for her new job." Peter started explaining.

"The house they moved into was a quaint place in a suburban neighborhood. Evan began unpacking his things, when he got a weird feeling in his stomach, every night when he'd fall asleep something or someone would whisper things in his ear."

"Oooh is it happening to Greyson as well?" Ned asked.

MJ rolled her eyes, "Let him finish Leeds!"

"Anyway, Evan woke up one night, dripping in sweat and whipping his head around his room, looking for the someone who was causing problems. He didn't see anything, but the curtains on his window move, as a gentle breeze flowed through. As his breathing slowed, he fell back asleep."

"What about Greyson, Parker?" MJ asked.

"See now who's the impatient one?" Ned teased.

Peter chuckled, "I'm getting to Greyson Em, Evan never told his mom about what's been happening for the last few months, he was ready to find out what was going on, so he decided to stay up doing anything he could to not fall asleep."

"As he was reading: "Maze Runner: The Death Cure", Evan noticed a shadowy figure standing in the corner of his room. Adrenaline rushed through his veins as he spoke."

"Come out I know you're there", he said, the shadowy figure moved into his view, it was his brother. "Greyson? What are you doing? You scared me." Evan said."

"Whatcha doing up at 2am? Greyson asked, "I've been hearing whispers, as I'm asleep and it's kind of terrifying." Evan tells his brother. "Well what am I to you?" Greyson replied."

"Is Greyson pranking him? I bet it's a prank." Ned told his friend.

"You're a figment of my imagination, Evan said." Peter waited to see if they were catching on.

"Wait what?!" Ned and MJ exclaimed.

"Two years ago before they moved, Greyson died from a tragic accident and would follow his brother around, without being seen until now, I guess ghosts do exist but it's all in our heads whether they're real or not." Peter finished the story.

"I'm shook honestly." Ned said.

MJ nodded, "Nice plot twist Peter."

And as if on cue the power came back on. They all started laughing, once everything was working they all decided to head to bed. (I wrote this for spooky season, and fun fact: that ghost story Peter told, was a little writing prompt I wrote a two years ago.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 108