Chapter 138: Jar of Hearts

(This is a soulmate AU chapter, no superheroes, no super powers, and for the first time ever: Peter and Tony don't know each other.)

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Peter saw was everyone's hearts, which meant they found their soulmate. If their heart was blue they found their platonic soulmate, and if it was pink they found their romantic soulmate. To say the least, Peter hasn't found either of his soulmates, he found it depressing. Everyone found their soulmates, why couldn't he find his?

Everything around Peter slowed while he sat in his social studies, he felt intrigued yet bored at the same time, he hated the fact that he was jealous, it seemed like a terrible thing to do, wasting his time on something that shouldn't even be a worry. His aunt May always told him he'd find someone whether it was lover or his friend.

He sighed, once again staring at the clock, waiting for this class to be over so he could go home. The bell rang and he began leaving his class and heading to his locker. As he was collecting his things, he felt a tap on his shoulder, "Join me, and together... we'll build my brand new Stranger Things LEGO set!" Ned announced from behind him, a grin splitting his face as he excitedly pointed to a picture on his phone.

"No way, dude! That's awesome!" Peter said with a smile equally as big. "How many pieces?"

"Two thousand, and two hundred pieces." Ned said proudly. "It's insanely cool. I spent all of my birthday money on it!"

"Dude, that's insane," Peter exclaimed. All his money? Their family wasn't rich by any standards. He, like Peter, had come to Midtown Tech on a scholarship and not through money like Flash had. To think he bought something easily with $600 just so they could build it together...

He really got lucky to have such a great friend. "Want to build it tonight?" Ned asked excitedly. Peter's smile turned into a frown.

"Dude, you know we can't. Our book report is due in a week. We need to work on them at every chance we get."

Ned groaned. "I'm so over that report, man. My parents are all over me on it, and I'm incredibly stressed. I need a break."

"I'm sorry Ned, we can build it next week. I promise." Ned smiled, and they did their signature handshake before bidding their farewells. Peter was walking home today, since May was unable to pick him up. The hospital was giving her crazy hours, but he knew she would be home as soon as she could.

As he was walking down the street, he passed so many people, all of them were couples. They were holding hands, giggling to each other, as happy as can be. Of course just seeing their hearts made it even worse, it made him feel jealous. He disliked that feeling so much, it was weird for him to be jealous over something so small.

He walked into Delmar's Deli, wanting something to eat before heading back to his apartment. He greeted Mr. Delmar, petting Murph the cat, he gave Mr. Delmar his order and waited. As he scrolled through his phone, the bell rang, and he looked up. Seeing a taller, older man wearing a grey suit and sunglasses walk into the shop.

He felt a tingling sensation on his wrist, but he ignored it. The man said his greetings and talked to Mr. Delmar for a few minutes before making his food. The older man walked up to Peter's table, while the teen glanced up. "Is this seat taken?" He asked.

Peter shook his head, "You're welcome to sit here sir." The man sat down, and studied the boy, his eyes held a type of innocence to them, his nails had edges, it seemed as though he was stressing out over something. Peter could feel the man's eyes on him, so he put down his phone and looked up at the man.

Peter sighed, "It's a little weird to be staring at me the way you are, may I ask for your name sir?"

"I'm Tony. Tony Stark, what's your name kid?" The man now known as Tony asked.

Peter smiled, "I'm Peter. Peter Parker, nice to meet you Mr. Stark."

"Nice to meet you too Peter." Peter heard his name being called and it was Mr. Delmar, he was holding Peter's sandwich, Peter got up and grabbed his food before turning back to Tony. "See you around Mr. Stark, have a good day." He said before leaving the local sandwich shop.

Once he got home, his wrist still had that tingling sensation, so he decided to stop ignoring it and lifted up his sleeve. And what he saw he couldn't believe, it... was... a... blue heart! He met his platonic soulmate! The only person he interacted with was... Tony Stark. Tony Stark is his platonic soulmate.

"Holy crepe." Peter thought, that's all he could think of. He needed to find Tony, and tell him, he needed to get to know him and work out whatever relationship they have. (Part 2?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 138