Chapter 153: Wake Up!

(Alright, before y'all continue reading and then ask for a part two, here's something to clear the air: Infinity War did take place, but Endgame doesn't take place. So no one who blipped is coming back, such as Peter, Sam, Groot, and everyone who died. This chapter is what would be categorized as depressing like a lot of my other chapters. Also, this isn't intended to have a second part.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Death affects everyone differently, how we handle the grieving process is what's important to others. It'll show just how broken a person is, and how they deal with the loss of someone they hold near and dear to their hearts. Tony couldn't grasp his new reality, after the war, losing his kid.

The one thing he didn't screw up was no more, and he had no one to blame but himself. Every time he looked at himself in the mirror he could pick every bit of himself apart. If he could go back in time, he would've taken Thor's axe and chopped off his head, then half of the population would be alive and carry on with their lives.

Most importantly, Peter would be alive, finishing up his sophomore year in high school, and turning seventeen. He would be applying for college, getting his first job, and enjoying his adult life. But now, now, that was never going to happen, as it happened ten years ago today. And here Tony was, sitting in his room watching old videos of his son growing up over the years while sipping on a cold glass of bourbon.

Pepper was concerned about him, so were his other family members, but it wasn't enough because he hasn't hit rock bottom yet. He was just in a zombie-like state, he knew there was no way of Peter coming back, but it didn't make the pain hurt any less. So as the days went on Tony often thought if continuing on would be worth it? What would happen if he ended it all and got to see Peter again?

He knew for a fact Peter wouldn't want that, but it was a what if, Tony heard a knock on his door and knew who it was. The door opened and it was revealed to be Steve, as no one else knocked. He came in with a tray, Steve would come every few hours and give him food, he could tell Tony was saddened, but he wasn't totally detached from everyone and everything around him.

Steve set the tray down and looked at Tony, "Tony, you should get out. You can't keep yourself locked up forever." He was genuinely worried for his friend, if he kept going down this road, it would only end in more travesty. It wasn't good for Tony or him and the others, they couldn't afford to lose anyone else. Tony took a sip of his water and began eating his sandwich, while Steve sat across from him.

Tony glanced up towards his friend, "Have you ever lost someone, the one thing you would lay down your life to protect? And then end up falling?" Steve thought about it, and there were a lot of people he's lost over the decades, some he witnessed, and others were just a faded memory.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, I lost my mother when I was eighteen. Then, I lost Bucky. And seventy years later, the world I once knew was gone. Along with my friends and people who I fought beside."

"I know I'm not a parent, and losing Peter was the hardest thing you've ever been through. But sitting in your room, in the dark, watching old home videos for hours on end isn't healthy Tony. Peter wouldn't want to see you sad." Tony knew Steve was right, but he still felt angry at his words.

"You're right, you aren't a parent. Meaning you couldn't even describe the pain I feel. And you don't know what Peter would and wouldn't want."

Steve knew his anger was misplaced, "Tony, I'm not saying this to disregard your feelings because they are valid. But you need to wake up! It doesn't do you any good by wallowing in sadness. You may be angry at me, but you know I'm right." The room fell silent, as tension filled the air. Steve got up and left the room, hoping he'd come to his senses.

(I apologize for this being so short everyone, but I'm sure you'll like the next one, hopefully. If you guys have any ideas, please comment them.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 153