Chapter 141: New Kid On The Block

(This is somewhat of a request, kind of? I promised I'd do a Spideypool one shot. So this is what I'm doing lol, I've read enough Spideypool one shots to know that Wade is very sarcastic and swears a lot. But since I don't swear, Wade won't be either, and even though I don't ship them, I'm writing this for you guys. Another thing, I haven't seen the Deadpool films, but I do know that Wade had cancer and since he's a teenager in the fic he doesn't have the illness.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter sat on a ledge, having just finished stopping a home invasion by a weird thug. While he was sitting, looking up at the stars, he thought about his day, it was strange to say the least. A few months ago, a new kid showed up at Midtown, his name was Wade Wilson- the classic residential bad boy, pretty much every girl and guy was falling for him, or wanting to be his friend.

Peter tried to talk to him, but he was cocky, and an extremely sarcastic guy. He never saw anything appealing about the guy, as he became known for being a player troublemaker, overall he was just the opposite of Peter himself. Now when he was Spider-Man, it was a whole other story, Deadpool was a newer hero, or anti-hero as Peter would call it.

Their relationship was like Ladybug & Chat Noir. Only, Deadpool was on another level when it came to flirting with the young hero. Speaking of Deadpool, he interrupted Peter's thoughts by shouting out a random greeting. "We really gotta stop meeting like this Spidey, don't wanna damage your reputation."

"Dude, you're acting like this is a date."

"It could be, but you're playing hard to get, and I like that." Peter could tell he winked under his mask, which made him roll his eyes.

"Oh, and my reputation is fine, pool. It's you who should be worried. Anyway, I gotta go, see you later!" Peter swung back home and changed into his pajamas before diving under his covers and falling asleep. The next day Peter was exhausted, his muscles were aching, and even though he wished he could stay in bed all day, life was calling. He didn't want to answer the phone, but was forced.

Being a hero had its perks, but it was also a heavy weight to put on a sixteen year old kid's shoulders. Peter got up, getting dressed and ready for the day. The good thing was that today was Thursday, which meant he only had one more day until freedom. The sweet taste of the weekend, he had absolutely no plans, of course, because Peter was what his classmates would call: boring.

Once he left his apartment, walking to the subway station, hopping on a train and then heading to the school building. He knew what was waiting for him, more specifically, who. Ned had texted him saying he was sick, and he and MJ didn't have any classes together besides academic decathlon. So he was on his own at the moment.

He went to his locker, gathering his stationary and everything he needed for his classes. When Flash approached him, leaning against the locker beside the other teen, "Hey Parker, got any gayness you want to spread?" He asked.

Peter really didn't have the time nor patience to deal with this bumbling idiot, "You do realize that none of that makes sense right?" He questioned back.

"You didn't answer my question." The other teen retorted.

Peter sighed, "I don't owe you any kind of explanation, and it's none of your business about what my sexual orientation is Eugene. Please go away, I don't have time for this." As Peter shut his locker, and started walking away, Flash took ahold of his wrist, and flung him back into the locker, pinning him against them.

Peter silently cursed at himself, as all of his books were scattered on the ground. "You got some nerve Parker, and you're going to be in a world of pain." Pulling his fist back, Peter closed his eyes, awaiting for the stinging pain to come but it never did.

"Flash, do you not remember my warning? I said if you ever tried hurting someone else, I'd be a lot worse. You are never going to back off are you?" Peter looked up and saw Wade, holding Flash's fist.

"C'mon, Wade. We were just messing around weren't we Parker?" The two boys looked at Peter who was frozen in place, while Wade's eyes darted back to the bully.

"You've physically assaulted another student, I guess I have to be the bigger person and go to the principal. Instead of punching you in the face, now run along or else I'm knocking teeth into the floor." Flash scoffed and walked away, Peter kneeled down and began picking up his belongings.

Wade then bent down, helping him, Peter shyly whispered out a thank you before walking away, when Wade caught up to him. He walked beside him, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Peter felt awkward, not that he didn't feel like that every other time, but this was different. "Uh, thanks for... y'know saving me back there." He told the other boy.

"No problem Peter, Flash is a grade A jerk face. I was only trying to help you out." Peter stopped in his tracks, as Wade looked back at him in confusion.

"Why? Why did you help me?" He asked.

"Because I wanted to? That's what human beings do for each other, at least the sane ones that is." Wade replied.

"Well yeah, but you're the bad boy of this school, who doesn't associate yourself with someone like me. Why are you now changing your mind?"

Wade crossed his arms, "One; who says I'm the 'bad boy'? Two; you're a cute nerd, and three people change. I have every right to do that just as much as anyone else."

"Everyone. Literally everyone in this school says that, two; I'm not cute, and three, sure people can change, but two days ago you and I weren't even on speaking terms. Much less friends, so what's your deal Wilson? Are you trying to get me to do your homework?"

Wade walked closer to Peter, and since he was taller than him, Peter felt kind of intimidated. "What? No! Peter, I'm talking to you because I want to, not for anything else. I saw that you were about to get your butt beat and I wanted to help."

"I'm sorry but how am I supposed to trust that? I barely even know you."

Wade sighed, "I'm not telling you to trust me, and if you want to get to me, meet me at Madeleine's café this Saturday at ten." Peter was hesitant, but agreed, maybe this new kid would do wonders in being a nice guy for him to get to know. And hopefully, a full blown crush wouldn't catch on in a few months. And boy was Peter so wrong for thinking that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 141