Chapter 163: Bullied REVAMPED

(I got stuck again trying to write the same idea that was supposed to be the last chapter. So I decided to revamp another one of my old chapters, but I'm adding in some other things. More angst mwhaha. This may end up being a series of sorts, what do you guys think?)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter thought his high school days would be a breeze, he would make some friends, join some clubs, and just enjoy the next four years of his life. Unfortunately, nothing was like the movies, he blamed the High School Musical films for those expectations. The reason for his high expectations came crashing down when he met a kid named Flash.

His name isn't really Flash, but that's what he's called by everyone, he made Peter's life an absolute misery. They were both on the same level, both being freshman, but because Peter comes from a poor background and everyone practically knows about him living with his aunt and Uncle. That makes him an easy target, throughout his second year of being a freshman, Flash continued to harass and torment Peter.

Ned, Peter's best friend, hated seeing his friend be the punching bag to protect him. But Peter would alway tell him he was okay with it being him, as long as Ned was fine, Peter would gladly bite that bullet. But that hero complex would cause a major loss in his life, Peter got into an argument with his Uncle Ben.

Peter being the teenager he wanted some freedom, so he decided to rebel, in doing so, he and Ben took a drive downtown to the local bottega. Peter and Ben sat in the car, when Ben turned to him, "Y'know kiddo, May and I only want what's best for you. My old man used to say: 'With great power, comes great responsibility' I'm passing that onto you, because there's going to be a time in your life where you have to choose what kind of man you want to be."

Peter nodded along, "I mean it Peter, growing up in this world, you can't let your anger get the best of you. I know what you're thinking, as I already went through it too. If you continue this act, that chip will be knocked off your shoulder faster than you could even get a single word out of your mouth."

Peter took it seriously, Ben smiled and then exited the car, going into the corner store. What would happen in the next few minutes would change Peter's life completely. Gunshots were heard, and a faceless guy ran out of the doors, Peter's breath hitched, unable to even comprehend what just happened. He thrusted the car door open as he saw Ben stagger out holding his chest.

He fell to the ground and his blood began to pool under him, Peter saw the bullet wound. He called out for someone for help, to call the police, anyone to help him and Ben. Tears fell from Peter's eyes and he was begging his uncle to stay awake, but it was too late. Ben had passed before paramedics arrived, everything from then on only got worse for the young boy.

A few months after Ben's passing Peter still felt guilty, angry, sad, everything that came with the grieving period. Peter felt it a thousand times more, Ned had accompanied him through the halls to his locker and put his books away, and was getting ready to go to their next class. And if by some famous Parker luck, Flash showed up and started his usual tormenting. "Hey Puny." He greeted.

Peter got straight to the point, rolling his eyes as he asked, "What do you want, Flash?"

"Just came here to tell you something." Flash said smugly.

Peter scoffed, "What?"

Flash then pushed Peter onto the ground and Peter winced in pain. Before Ned could interfere, Flash proceeded to kick him in the stomach and a crowd formed around them. Taking their phones out and pressing the record button, Ned tried getting Flash to stop, but got elbowed in his face.

"You seem to have some bad karma Parker. Your parents went on that plane to get away from you and died as a result." Flash laughed, taking satisfaction in Peter's physical and mental pain.