Chapter 190: British? REVAMPED

Peter Parker was born in Kingston Upon Thames, London. All the way across the country, and when his parents sadly perished in a plane crash, he came to the states to live with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Of course living in a world where superheroes weren't just in comics, Peter became the web-slinging hero known as Spider-Man at fourteen. Now sixteen, the young teen was trying to live his life normally, as normal as he could at least, especially when being taken under the wings of earth's mightiest heroes.

Getting up and ready for school. In his opinion the only good thing about school is that I have Ned and MJ. He walked into the kitchen hearing a chorus of "Good morning Peter." He smiled at everyone and sat at the table, "Good morning everyone."

They all looked at him strangely. "That accent is very accurate Peter, I would've mistaken you for a Brit." Mr. Stark said smiling.

"That accent will help you on missions." Nat chimed in.

"Right, it's totally a fake accent." Peter replied, nervously laughing. Peter right then and there forgot to hide his accent. This was going to be exhausting to explain.

"What is your name secretly, Tom Holland?" Sam asked.

"Wait, are you actually british?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Peter replied, ignoring Sam's question.

"How?" Clint asked.

Peter rolled his eyes, of course Clint would ask him something like that, "Well, I was born in London after my mum and dad died. I moved here with Aunt May and Uncle Ben."

"Why have you been hiding your accent?" Bruce asked.

"To fit in I guess." Peter answered Bruce, who seemed to ask a decent question.

Sam smirked, Peter could practically see the light bulb turn on above his head. "I have a question. Can you say schedule?"

"Yes, but I'm not saying it."

"C'mon."

Sam pleaded, "Please Peter." Peter shook his head, he hated that every time he revealed his accent people would ask stupid questions like that one.

Now Peter was mad, "Are you stupid? I said no. Just because all of you are adults doesn't mean you can tell me what to say."

Sam teased, "Oh someone is fussy."

"Shut it you div. All people ever ask me when I use my accent is 'can you say this' or 'can you say that' it's not amusing, it's annoying. So stop asking." Peter got up from the table, after finishing his food, grabbed his book bag and headed for the elevator.

"Bye Pete, have a good day." Mr. Stark said.

"Bye Mr. Stark." Peter said, switching to his American accent. When the elevator door closed Peter sighed, glad to be away from that for a couple hours. While walking to school from the subway exit Peter practiced his American accent then he walked inside the school to his locker. "Hey man." Ned said standing next to him.

MJ then appeared next to Ned, holding a book in her hands, and without looking up she greeted her friend. "Hey loser."

"Hey guys." Peter was glad to be with his friends, but that glee wouldn't last a second. Only because Flash and two of his friends appeared around the corner.

"Oh look, it's Puny Parker and his loser friends." The teen retorted.

MJ rolled her eyes while Ned said, "Shut up flash."

Peter closed his locker door and looked towards the taller teen. "Can you meatheads leave? There's more to do than stand and list off the same idiotic insults."

Flash chuckled, "So Parker has his big boy pants on? You all are losers and will never be anything else."

"It's sad you all will most likely end up working at a gas station and wallow away in your sad miserable lives." MJ said.

"I wonder when you guys will realize if you actually want girlfriends you'll have to stop having a massive ego."

Flash scoffed, "Stupid accent Parker."

"It's not a fake accent you div." Peter responded, annoyed.

Flash raised his eyebrow, "What did you call me?"

Peter replied slowly, "I called you an idiot."

"You're actually british?"

"No, I just have this accent to get girls, while they run away from you." Peter said sarcastically, while MJ and Ned snickered at Peter's comeback.

"At least I don't come from a place where people have weird teeth."

Peter facepalmed, "Wrong again, we have normal teeth. I have no idea where that weird notion from." Flash didn't say anything, but his buddies were chuckling, Peter walked up to Flash and patted his shoulder. "Good try though. Now, we're off to our lesson. Don't bother us again Eugene." The trio high fived Peter's hand and they went to class not even bothering to look back at Flash to see his reaction. For the rest of the day Peter went back to using his American accent as usual, not wanting to have to explain his real accent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 190