Chapter 165: French Baguette

(A head canon where Peter is too tired to speak English, as the random title suggests. Oh, and no super powers are in this. Yeah, also fun fact: I'm learning French, since October of last year, I've gotten pretty good at it, still not fluent yet.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter had walked from his school in Midtown to the nearest subway station, he would've taken his usual way but those trains were closed for a maintenance check. He could really go for a coffee about now, but as others would point out, it wasn't good for him to put all of those stimulants and caffeine in his growing teenage body.

He still hated it more or less, his day was filled with chaos and many annoyances. First, it started raining and Peter's forecast said it wouldn't happen until later in the day, then he found out both Ned and MJ weren't at school, with Ned being with family in another freaking state, and MJ was sick with a cold. So the day was already starting on an god-awful note, and as Parker Luck would have it, everything went wrong. But when does it not?

Peter was late to first period, they served sloppy joes for lunch, which he despises Aunt May's being an acceptance. Oh and his web cartridges were malfunctioning so he needed to fix them on top of the mountains of homework he had. The school day flew by in a blur, by the time he noticed, he was already at The Avengers compound. Once he entered, he saw Natasha making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she glanced up, smiled and greeted him.

Peter shuffled his feet to the island and sat down, "Salut Nat." (Hi Nat.) Natasha noticed his speech pattern, knowing Peter was too out of it to properly carry a conversation in English. It was a good thing she spoke over four languages, she decided to play along. "Salut Peter, comment ça va?" (Hi Peter, how are you?)

Peter scoffed, "Absolument terrible. Aujourd'hui était un désastre." (Absolutely terrible. Today was a disaster.) Natasha nodded, she's definitely had days like that, especially when she's reminded of her past, but what made her feel better was listening to Swan Lake and dancing.

Since Peter looked exhausted she chose the music instead, along with a cup of tea, and a relaxing evening. So that's what she was setting up, she forced Peter to get into more comfortable attire and come back when he was done. Peter left and came back in some old pjs, hello kitty pants, and a t-shirt that read: "I survived my trip to New York".

He sat down on the couch and Natasha came over with their teas in hand. Once she sat down next to him, and they were almost content, Peter saw a book on the coffee table in front of them. He picked it up but put it back down, his brain was too burnt out to read. Natasha reached for it and began opening it, "Pourquoi ne t'allonges-tu pas et je te lirai." (Why don't you lay down and I'll read to you.)

Peter did what he was told and laid down, a blanket draped over his body, Natasha gave a small smile, before reading the beginning of the book. It was a murder mystery book titled: "Bloodshed Crime", she got to the second chapter when she looked over and saw that Peter had fallen asleep.

She saved her page and gave J.A.R.V.I.S instructions to dim the lights, and tell her when Peter woke up. Of course Jarvis obeyed and she went off to do her own thing. Not before kissing the top of Peter's head and whispering; "Bonne nuit petite araignée." (Goodnight little spider.) After that she left and made a mental note to one, teach Peter ballet, and two, ask why he was speaking French.

(Alright y'all, I apologize for the short chapters, I've been getting stuck and procrastinating. This chapter was the one I got stuck on and ended up re-writing my old chapters. But yeah, hope you liked this one, if you have any other language head canons comment them please!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 165