Chapter 136: Reality Part 3

After Peter, Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Scott went to the battle of New York, Peter went with Bruce to talk to the Ancient One, to talk with her about using the time stone. She pushed Bruce into the astral projection as he was only a projection of himself speaking to her, while Peter was just in awe of her powers. "Ma'am, this is extremely important, lives are at stake." Peter told her.

She turned to Peter, "And why would I give this to you? The world could be at stake right now, I need to protect the sanctum."

"Then why did Strange give it away?!" Bruce asked.

The Ancient One stumbled back, "What do you mean he gave away the stone?"

"He gave it away to Thanos! I watched my friends die, this may be our only chance to bring everyone back." The Ancient One shook her head. Contemplating what she should do, but ultimately chose the right thing, she put Bruce back into his body, and grabbed the stone, giving it to the man.

"He wouldn't have done it without a good reason." She said, they bided their farewells, and met back up with everyone in 2023, unfortunately Nat didn't come back. Everyone was upset, rightfully so, but Peter told them. "She may be gone, but we have to do it for her, she went to extreme lengths to bring everyone back. We owe it to her to finish what we started."

They agreed, this was for Nat. Tony, Bruce, and Rocket started working on the gauntlet, meanwhile Peter was with the others, talking to Scott. Making a plan for what to do when everyone comes back. Then the moment arrived, Bruce was ultimately the person who welded the stones. And when he snapped, Scott confirmed their plan had worked, until... BANG! The whole building exploded.

They all escaped and the other heroes started coming back and the battle ensued, once everything was over, Tony had wrestled Thanos with the stones, and snapped his fingers, soon all of Thano's army were disappearing, the heroes won. But that came with a great sacrifice, that sacrifice was Tony.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile time passed and Steve returned the stones, Bruce had been working on a serum to make Peter's classmates age to their ages they should've been if they survived the snap. Peter was in his apartment, Tony had gotten it as a graduation gift. Peter definitely knew he'd do something like that. (Except Peter doesn't know that Bruce did that.)

To pass time from having classes Peter was cleaning his home, dusting off pictures of him and May, he recently helped her move in with him, as he had to put their other apartment up for sale since he couldn't pay for it. Luckily Tony moved him in and he finished high school, and is now in his second year of college.

Man did Peter miss Tony, he missed his sarcasm, his laugh, the way he fluffed his hair, his hugs. Everything, and no matter what, he'd protect both Morgan and Pepper, that was his promise to Tony. Once Peter was finished with dusting, he started washing and loading the dishes.

All of a sudden he heard a knock at his door, he dried off his hands and headed to the door. He opened the door to see a man and woman, they looked familiar to him, but he couldn't put his finger on it. "Excuse me, we're looking for Peter Parker?" The man asked.

"Uh yeah, I'm Peter, what can I do for you?" He answered.

Both the man and woman looked shocked, "Peter it's me Ned a- and MJ. We were brought back. Dr. Banner gave us this serum thing and we aged up like sims." Peter just stood there, trying to process what was just said.

He let them in and shut the door, "C- Could you possibly explain that? Again?" This time the woman explained it to him, he was so confused, he also wished Bruce gave him a heads up, instead of his friends who he didn't know if they came back were now suddenly adults. But, then again, it made sense that Bruce would help with something like this.

"Do you believe us?" MJ asked, Peter nodded in response.

"I'm sorry, it's just- I spent a long time grieving you guys, and the last five years have been hectic." Peter started to cry, he's gone through so many emotions, mostly grief, he's having to go back grieving instead of his aunt and friends, it's Tony and Natasha. Both Ned and MJ went towards Peter, pulling him into a hug. He missed them so much.

"This is weird right? I'm not the only one thinking that?" MJ asked.

Peter laughed, "I mean I lived out my teenage years and you guys just became adults. So yeah, I'd say it's a little weird."

The friends pulled away from their hug and talked for a little while, until Ned noticed the tension filling the air. He decided he'd head back to his folks, and let Peter and MJ catch up. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just glad you're back and safe. It was... lonely, I had to understand that you, Ned, and May were gone." MJ's expression softened, she felt sad knowing in the five years she was gone Peter had to grieve her.

Peter looked into her eyes, "I didn't even get to tell you what I had been wanting to for so long."

MJ tilted her head, "What do you mean Pete?" Peter made an observation, not once had Michelle called him Parker or Loser. She'd most likely say it sooner or later, but it still made him smile. "I'm pretty sure it was obvious, but I sort of had a crush on you in high school. And I was trying to build up the courage to ask you out and tell you how I felt." Peter explained.

MJ chuckled, "That's funny, because I had a crush on you too."

"Should we start over?" Peter asked.

"You mean go out on a date?" Peter nodded at her, and as they were sitting only a few inches away from each other. MJ leaned in and they kissed, it was sweet and chaste. When they pulled away they smiled, "Then let's do it."

(Also to make it clear, our brains age as we get older. So when Bruce gave MJ and Ned the serum their brains aged, so instead of their brains being 16 in 21 year old bodies, the age of their brains match their anatomy. Sorry I went all Dr. Spencer Reid on you lol.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 136