Chapter 139: Winter Wonderland

The warm winter glow peered through Peter's white linen curtains, he opened his eyes, glancing down at the other sleeping woman beside him, he sighed softly, as MJ nuzzled her head deeper into his chest. MJ looked so peaceful and content, Ned and Betty always said MJ seemed more at peace whenever she was with Peter.

It was true, the love Peter held for MJ was unmatchable, some would say indescribable. Including the many hours they spent with the other were moments they wished would last forever. Peter smiled, kissing the top of MJ's head, and whispering in her ear. "Good morning my love." MJ's eyes fluttered open, as a smiling Peter greeted her.

"G'morning." She replied. Her small yet raspy voice was something Peter loved hearing when Michelle had woken up. It was like waking up to freshly made coffee. Peter sat up and stretched before getting up and going out to their shared kitchen making coffee for the both of them.

Michelle tagged behind him a few minutes later, Peter had made her cup first, she smiled. "Thank you Pete." After sipping on some coffee, It was currently December, people were shopping for the holidays and a lot of them were going to Times Square to go ice skating. Fun fact MJ didn't know how to ice skate, but she knew Peter did.

When May and Ben could afford it, they'd take him and ice skate for a few hours, then would grab hot cocoa after. Peter had the great idea of doing a double date with Ned and Betty, he had texted his best friend asking the question. Ned replied saying: "Sure! We'll meet you one?"

Peter smiled texting back, "Sounds good! See you guys soon." MJ looked curiously up at her boyfriend, wondering what in the world was he smiling about. So she questioned him, "What's got you so giddy Parker?"

Peter put his empty mug in the sink, looking back at MJ. "We're going on a double date with Ned and Betty at one o'clock."

MJ held an expression of confusion, "What kind of double date?"

"Ice skating, and then hot cocoa afterwards. We gotta get ready though." MJ nodded her head and went back to their bedroom and started getting ready to go. Though she was dreading the whole thing all together. She secretly didn't want her friends to think she was a wimp but she didn't want them to laugh at her for not knowing how to ice skate.

So when she climbed into Peter's car, her nerves didn't go away; they just got worse but of course Peter being himself, knew something was up. They arrived at the ice rink and she saw her friends so excited where as he was literally dying inside she didn't want to make a fool of herself so she decided she wouldn't skate. (I can actually roller skate but not ice skate.)

Everyone laced up their shoes and carefully got onto the ice gliding along with other people while MJ was watching from the sidelines. Peter noticed his girlfriend was sitting by herself and skated towards her. "Why so glum? My love?" He asked.

"Oh nothing Pete, I'm okay."

"You're not a good liar M."

"Can I ever keep a secret from you?" MJ asked.

Peter chuckled, "No, now spill."

"Fine, I- I don't know how to ice skate."

"Oh Michelle, you should've told me earlier." Peter took off his skates and grabbed Michelle's hand, dragging her to the shoe station and getting her a pair of skates, forcing her to put them on and he would teach her.

"Peter, I'm okay with not skating. You should be with Ned and Betty, you don't have to teach me to skate." MJ said, clinging to the wall.

Peter smiled at her, "Ned and Betty will be fine plus you're my girlfriend and I want to help you."

MJ sighed, "O-okay."

Peter skated right beside her, at the same pace. "First, you have to stop clinging to the wall like a toddler clinging to her mom."

He held his hands out for MJ to grasp them while he skated backwards. "Okay we're just learning the basics, all you have to do is glide like this like your roller skating. You do know how to roller skate right?"

"Yeah Peter, I know how to roller skate."

"Then it should be easy, just follow me, we won't go to the middle of the rink. We'll go slow and steady."

"Okay."

Ned and Betty came gliding behind them and were watching Peter and MJ. "C'mon you got this MJ!" They exclaimed.

MJ smiled shyly, "Thanks guys." As Ned and Betty left Peter kept skating with her, making sure they were staying out of the way of the other people around them. "Good job love," Peter complimented.

"Thanks babe." MJ replied.

"It's good to try something new. Isn't it? Not everything is scary, it can be fun." Peter told her.

The more focused MJ was, the more determined she was. She's been great at skating so Peter had the idea of letting go of her hands. "MJ, since you've crushed the basics let's see how you do when I let go."

"Ready?" Peter could tell MJ was nervous, but he squeezed her hands reassuring her.

"Don't worry, I won't let you get hurt."

MJ nodded and Peter proceeded to let go of her hands and everything went smoothly. She figured it out, she was acing it, skating across the ice and smiling proudly and having fun. "Yes! You got it, keep going!" Peter encouraged.

And when he said that she kept going, laughing and smiling, he was proud of his girl. When he first met MJ she was quiet and reserved, not much of a talker and now she's smiling and laughing, having so much fun. She's still quiet, reserved, and not much of a talker but she's coming around.

Peter, Ned and Betty cheered for their friend. "Yeah, go MJ!" After a while everyone was cold and tired, so after they were done they went to the homemade hot cocoa stand and got some hot chocolate before parting ways and heading back to their houses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 139