Chapter 89: Bun-Bun a request by scarletscaptain

It was nighttime at the compound all was quiet and peaceful, but behind the soundproof walls and one very bouncing off the ceiling four year old. But there was a problem, well a crisis, Peter couldn't find his stuffed animal, his stuffed rabbit named Bun-Bun.

He searched everywhere and couldn't find her, he refused to ask for his dad's help because he wanted to be a big kid in their eyes. But in the meantime he was struggling, he practically tossed everything in his room around but ended up unsuccessful.

So now he was sitting on his bed in his disheveled room a teary eyed mess, it was at that moment he needed to get his parents. So he climbed down from his bed and walked towards Tony and Steve's bedroom, their light was on which meant they were awake.

Peter stalked slowly getting closer to the door and opening it letting the overhead light hit his face, Tony and Steve looked towards the door seeing their son with tear streaks on his cheeks, his puffy red eyes and saddened demeanor. "Hey bud, what's wrong?" Tony asked.

Peter's lip quivered and he began to cry, Steve got out of bed and went over to him, scooping Peter into his arms and holding him. "Oh, little love what's the matter?" He asked in a sweet loving tone.

Steve set Peter on his and Tony's bed letting Tony in on the cuddling or as they liked to call it: "Dad sandwich", they found it best when Peter was upset and couldn't think of words to say. "Okay Pete, papa and I can't help you unless you tell us what's going on." Tony whispered, as he combed his fingers through Peter's hair.

(I swear I say "As Tony combs his fingers through Peter's hair" too much. 🤣)

Peter sniffled, "I- I can't f- find her p- papa."

"You can't find who baby?" Steve replied.

"I can't f- find Bun-Bun daddy." Peter said.

Then it clicked Bun-Bun was his stuffed animal, unfortunately Peter wouldn't be able to sleep with it, because well, they put her in the washer to clean her. They knew Peter wouldn't react well to that.

But they knew they had to tell him, Tony looked at his husband and nodded then he sighed and spoke to their son, "Bambi, Bun-Bun is taking a bath in the washer, but you can have her tomorrow I promise."

Peter couldn't comprehend how his parents could do such a horrible thing to such an innocent bunny. "No! Daddy! You're drowning Bun-Bun!" Peter exclaimed.

Peter kicked off the blankets and climbed down from his parents bed, running to the laundry room, turning on the lights and seeing the sight of his precious friend in the evil washing machine. Tony and Steve has chased close behind.

Peter sat in front of the washing machine and cried, "Papa! Why are you hurting Bun-Bun?!" Peter sobbed.

"Little love Bun-Bun isn't hurt she's just taking a bath, daddy and I would never hurt her, we thought she needed to clean up." Steve said.

"I promise Bun-Bun will be okay, and you can have her tomorrow." Steve picked up the toddler and held him, rocking back and forth kissing his cheek.

"Tomorrow is forever papa." Peter whined.

"I know Peter, but if you go to sleep now, tomorrow won't be forever and you'll have Bun-Bun as soon as you wake up." Steve reassured.

"Can I sleep with you and daddy, since I don't have Bun-Bun?" Peter asked.

"Of course you can kiddo." Tony replied.

Peter snuggled his head further into his papa's shoulder, as Steve carried him to the bedroom, they all laid down and both parents held Peter close as they got him to tucker out and fall asleep, then falling asleep themselves.

(My sister is probably going to hate me for this but fun fact: the whole "Bun-Bun is drowning!" is something my sister use to do with her childhood blanket which use to be mine but she stole it from me, she use to sit in front of our old washing machine and scream her head off having a fit because: "Softy woffy is drowning mommy!" She used to get so mad at our mom for that, I found it hilarious.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 89