Chapter 151: History

(Just to be clear, Tony isn't Iron Man and Peter isn't Spider-Man. But Tony is a tech mogul who is insanely rich.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parting ways with your child when they head off to college is both saddening and joyful. Especially when you feel like life just flew past you in the blink of an eye; that's exactly how Tony felt as he and May were driving Peter to start his first semester of school. The eighteen year old boy was ecstatic but also nervous, this was the first time he'd been away from his home in New York for a while.

Walking to the dorms, they passed many other parents saying goodbye to their kids. It was bittersweet, both Tony and May couldn't help but tear up at the fact their kid was going to college. It was an amazing opportunity he shouldn't pass up, he almost did, afraid of it costing too much for May to pay for the first semester. Tony then swooped in and told Peter straight up that he was paying for his entire tuition.

Of course Peter being Peter tried to protest it but May insisted it was okay. He worked so hard to get to this point in his life, she told him that he deserved it, and after thinking about it he said okay. Meanwhile Tony responded by saying: "Oh I was still going to do it anyway, kid."

That made Peter chuckle a bit, he thanked Tony profusely. They then found themselves helping Peter unpack his room, meeting his roommate as well, who freaked out at the sight of Tony Stark knowing his roommate. His roommate was named Sam Holland, a young man who came from Kingston Upon Thames in London, England to study in the states.

Peter thought he was cool, and they met Sam's parents who were nice and gave their son one last hug before heading back home to London. Soon they were done helping Peter set up, and there were many tears shed on both sides. Peter then remembered he had something to give Tony, reaching into his backpack he grabbed an envelope and gave it to the older man.

"What's this kid?" He asked.

Peter informed, "It's a letter, as a thank you I guess. Read it when you get back home." Tony smiled and pulled his kid in for a hug, knowing visiting hours were up and if he and May wanted to make it back before midnight they'd need to get going. "Bye sweetheart, text or call if you need anything. I don't care if I'm in New York, I'll be here faster than you can say Silencio Bruno." May said, giving her nephew one last hug.

After dropping May off and getting home at a decent hour, Tony was settling down and going to sleep, when he remembered Peter's letter. Deciding that sleep could wait, he opened the letter and began reading it. (Letter is as usual, written in italics.)

Dear Tony,

I know, this is the first time I'm calling you that lol. Don't get used to it, anyway, thank you for paying my tuition. Even though I was fully ready to take on another job to pay for it all. Thank you, and don't worry, I'll work really hard and not let your efforts go to waste. Another thing that I wanted to tell you, when I was about six I think, Aunt May and my Uncle Ben took me to your Expo.

I was in complete awe at all that I saw, and I told myself that I'd do everything in my power to be like you. But do it my way, I don't necessarily want to be a tech mogul, but I do want to major in something that'll help me help people in the future down the road. I'm going to get my degree in engineering and then work to get my doctorate in psychology. That way, I can help without being a health doctor and have to fix people up.

Plus Dr. Parker has a nice ring to it don't you think? I'll be the first person in my family to get my doctorate, as my dad and my mom are scientists, Uncle Ben is a detective, and Aunt May is a nurse. I think if I hadn't gone to your expo, things would be really different, and maybe it's an awkward thing to say, but, in a way I wouldn't be where I am without you. So thank you for that! Tell Morgan to kick kindergarten's butt and make loads of friends.

She'll have an easier time than I did, by a mile. But if she does have a hard time, call me and I'll talk to her. If anyone bully's her, they'll have to deal with her big brother! I won't physically fight anyone, as they're literally tiny children but I will kill them with kindness. Anyway, I'll miss you guys and I promise to make it every holiday. Love you lots Tony!

Love, Peter.

Tony smiled to himself, Peter was definitely what Pepper described him as; a sweet kindred soul. He had no choice but to agree with his wife, so he took out his phone, pulled up his messages and began texting the young boy. Knowing it was late and Peter probably didn't want to talk on the phone, Tony didn't want to talk either so it was a win-win for the both of them.

FatherOfParker: Thanks for the letter kid, we miss you already and we love you. I'm proud of you Bambino.

SonOfStark: No problem Mr. Stark! I meant what I said, and thanks, that means a lot.

FatherOfParker: Pete, we talked about this, you're eighteen. You don't have to call me Mr. Stark anymore.

SonOfStark: I warned in the letter Mr. Stark.

FatherOfParker: Okay, now you're doing it on purpose. 😑

SonOfStark: Or am I??? 😏

FatherOfParker: You're lucky I'm New York and I love you kid.

SonOfStark: I'd say it's the other way around sir.

FatherOfParker: Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get some rest kiddo, you're going to be busy and you'll love every chance of sleep. Take advantage.

SonOfStark: Alright, goodnight Mr. Stark!

FatherOfParker: Goodnight Peter.

Tony plugged in his phone and turned it off before drifting off into sleep. Hopeful that Peter has a great time at his university. (Honestly this was refreshing to write besides ship chapters lol.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 151