Chapter 82: I'll be There

(Alright guys, this chapter is based off of one of my favorite songs and artists Walk Off The Earth listen to the song while reading just scroll through the photo above, when you get to a point on this chapter the underlined parts are Peter's headspace talking to him and his replies are in italic. Did that make sense? If it didn't I apologize.)

Anyway on with the story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the tears are rollin' down

Depression is a funny thing isn't it, one minute you could be happy and the next a humongous wave of sadness hits you like a ton of bricks. Sadness was all Peter felt, nothing could make him happy, not May's special pancakes, not talking to Ned about new LEGO sets, not even FaceTiming with MJ.

Like a river to the ocean

May knew today was going to be difficult no matter how she tried. Peter barely spoke, barely ate, and only took little sips of water. A year ago today Ben Parker was shot and killed in an armed robbery gone wrong.

Peter was there as a fourteen year old boy, in Ben's car waiting for him to come out of the mini convenience store. Then the sound of banging gunshots blared causing Peter to duck his head down. When he peered his head out and looked outside a crowd was forming.

And there's no one else around

He got out of the car and pushed his way through the crowd and saw his uncle lying in a pool of his own blood. Peter rushed to him and was crying as he spoke through tears, "Uncle Ben, p- please stay awake, the ambulance is almost here t- to help."

"Peter, listen to me, it's okay can you promise me something son?" Ben asked as his voice grew weaker.

You won't question my devotion

Peter nodded, "Take care of May, and take care yourself. Because with great power comes great responsibility." And just like that, Ben took his last breath closing his eyes, and succumbed to the darkness.

Peter shook him lightly, "U- Uncle Ben? Please w- wake up! Uncle Ben!"

That night, Peter was never the same. May knew, Ned knew, and MJ knew. Ever since that day Peter blamed himself and especially on the anniversary of his uncle's death his sadness was so overwhelming.

Everybody needs somebody

He tried therapy, but it didn't work. He tried different coping skills, but that didn't work. He tried everything but nothing was working. The more he kept everything in the more distant and antisocial he became.

Peter's faked a lot of smiles but eventually, as time went on he just didn't care anymore. It took May an hour to actually get him out of his bed and off to school but even then it was difficult.

And you got me

Peter felt as if there was this huge weight on his shoulders, he's never felt more anxious, more angry, and more sad wanting to burst into tears. And the worst part is all of those emotions was him, he was angry at himself for causing trouble with May and Ben.

You know that that I know that you know that

He was sad because it's been only a year since he lost his uncle, since his aunt lost her husband, her best friend and love. He could've done something but no, he decided to be stubborn and run off making Ben have to chase him down.

I'll be there for the highs and lows

He's anxious because it's always been a three Parker system, they had their own way of running things and without one of the main operators their team fell apart.