Chapter 180: Five Times MJ Caught Peter's Nerves, One Time She Didn't.

(Hello everyone! I wanted to challenge myself by writing another 5 in 1. With it actually being a 5 in 1, just like the warning I gave in the last chapter there are NWH spoilers. There's also going to be a mention of miscarriage, which I have never covered before, so if you don't feel comfortable reading this that's okay.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For as long as MJ knew her boyfriend, she'd picked on a lot of his habits. Like the way when he was bored he'd climb up to the ceiling and read a book upside down. She'd found it a little strange, but then again they lived in a world where norse gods weren't a myth and were actual people. All of Peter's tics usually showed themselves when he was happy, nervous, stressed, or fearful. In this instance he was happy about something, and the genuine smile that laid upon his face made her mouth contort into one. They were in his and May's apartment when Peter checked his phone, he saw a text from Ned telling him he'd be home in a few days.

Ned had left with his parents and his Lola to Hawaiì to visit family for a few weeks. Usually he and Peter were always together twenty four seven. But when he left, Peter was sad because he couldn't talk to Ned every day due to the different time zones. But he was joyful that his friend got to see family he doesn't see very often. It was bittersweet, the little thing MJ noticed was that when he got excited, Peter would raise his arms, clinch his fists and wave them side to side.

He'd have a huge grin on his face, she called it his smiley dance. As it would bring a smile to anyone's face if they saw it, including her's. Because in her humble opinion, Peter deserved everything good that the world had to offer. He got embarrassed and shy whenever he did it, so MJ would find herself often telling Peter it was okay for him to express how he felt. He didn't need to hide it, and when the next few days passed by, Peter and May were waiting at the airport for the other boy.

When they saw each other, both Peter and Ned ran up to each other, hugged, and then Ned began telling Peter all the amazing details of his trip with a smile. He also brought souvenirs and food because Peter wanted to try sashimi and Ube cheesecake. Peter was glad to have his best friend back home, and MJ was glad Peter expressed his feelings more, she hoped they both would do it more often. (Fun fact: Peter's smiley dance is what I do when I'm super excited. It's a happy stim I do.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Peter was little he would always stutter when he was stressed, in his freshman year of high school it got so bad to the point he stopped talking all together. It didn't help that he lost his uncle midway through that year, the young boy completely shut himself off from everyone and everything. Michelle Jones took notice of how depressed Peter was but never tried talking to him; she didn't want to interject herself in his life and business. So she kept her distance, that was until she walked by an empty dark classroom and heard the sounds of hyperventilating.

She peeked her head in and flipped the light switch on, seeing a certain brown curly haired boy, curled up in the far side corner of the room. She knew she had to help him or else he'd pass out from a panic attack. So she rushed over, kneeled in front of him and he looked up at her. "Peter, right?" Peter nodded slightly, still finding it hard to breathe. MJ felt bad for him, his eyes were red and he had dark bags under them.

"I'm Michelle, but my friends call me MJ. I need you to breathe with me, in and out okay?" She started taking deep breaths and Peter followed her lead, but his breathing was shaky. It continued like that for a few minutes, and soon Peter began taking proper breaths. He glanced at MJ, hoping he didn't look like a pathetic loser while he was having another stupid panic attack.

"Th.. Thank yo.. ou." He stuttered out, that was the first time she'd ever heard him talk, while in her shock, she barely noticed when Peter scrambled to his feet and left the classroom. She shook her head and chased him down the hallway catching up to him.