Chapter 56: Divorce Part 2

I know it's been a while since I've needed to write this but don't worry everyone this chapter has finally come!

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony's POV

After what went down with Pepper, Peter's been too scared to go back and he doesn't want to see his mother. I really want to make things right, I want Peter to have a good relationship with his mom. I know what it's like having a parent that doesn't care about you, and it leaves lasting marks.

He's already been through a lot because of the divorce I don't want him to regret it so as I drove to Pepper's house I thought about how much pain and anger in Peter's eyes.

He's already been through so much because of the divorce, and I don't want him to regret it. All I could think about while driving to Pepper's house was the pain and anger in Peter's eyes.

I got to the door and knocked seeing my ex open the door. "We need to talk." I said.

She let me in and handed me a cup of coffee we sat down on the couch. "So you said we had to talk?" She asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe it's the fact our distraught son called me panicking and crying wanting to come home."

"Then there isn't really anything to discuss." She said. She dodn't even sound remorseful or even an ounce of being sorry.

"Peter tried telling you he wanted to spend some quality time with you but you never made time for him. You'd be home super late putting him in the position to cook dinner for himself. He needs his mother, we've already put him through so much by splitting up in the first place. All he wants is for his mother to love him, how much is that to ask for?"

She replied, "Well, I'm his mother, and that child had no right to disrespect me by yelling at me. If it weren't for my job and hard word he'd be off in the streets without a roof over our heads. I was already having a rough day and all he did was make it worse."

"First off all, that child's name is Peter who  is a good and responsible kid. He yelled because you were yelling and weren't listening. Just because you had a "rough day" that doesn't give you the right to do that to our child."

I explained, "He doesn't even want to be around you, because he's afraid and unsure that you really love him. If you wanted to make things right with him, you would've already done so, which shows just who you really are."

I got up without a reply and heade out the door and drove home to spend some time with Peter and the Avengers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

Dad told me he talked to mom a few days ago and I don't know, maybe she'll apologize and we can rekindle our relationship. Oh who am I kidding mom's too stubborn.

So as I sat waiting for my dad to pick me up Eugene sat down next to me on the steps leading into school. "Hey E." I said.

"Hi Peter." He greeted back.

"How'd it go with your parents?" I asked.

He smiled, "It went well actually thanks for the advice."

I laughed, "You're the one who gave me advice."

"Oh, then I'll pat myself on the back when I'm not in public."

"That's not egotistical whatsoever." I said sarcastically. We laughed and then I saw our parents pull up we said our goodbyes and then I headed to my dad.

"Hey dad." I greeted smiling.

"Hey kiddo c'mon the team are waiting for us." He said.

We got into the car and drove home and he grabbed a letter he'd gotten from the mailbox moments before opening it and reading it. As I greeted the team, I noticed my father's expression fall into an angry yet sad emotion.

"Dad you okay?" I asked.

He looked at me with a sympathetic expression. "Dad what's wrong?" I asked again.

"Your mother just gave me full custody of you and doesn't want visitation." He said.

Tears prickled my eyes and I wanted desperately to scream but I couldn't everything I thought was true my mom really doesn't love me anymore. Dad called out in a worried tone, "Oh Peter."

"I- I um need a minute." I started speed walking to my room trying not to just sob in front of my dad and team so I went to my room and cried there.

A few minutes later there was a knock on my door and my dad spoke, "Kiddo? Please let me in."

I didn't know how to do anything at that moment just cry and close my eyes hoping it was all just a dream. But it wasn't because dad came into my room sitting down on my bed pulling me into his arms.

"It's alright bud I'm here."

"E-everything I t-thought is true." I sobbed.

"What thoughts baby?" He asked.

"She d-doesn't love m-me anymore because she basically g-gave me u-up." He didn't say anything except hold me and kiss my forehead.

"I'm so sorry kiddo but I promise you that I love you so much ever since you were born and if mom doesn't see that she's the one missing out we don't need to apologize for anything."

"I know exactly what kind of person you are and I absolutely love the person you've become because I know I'm at least doing something right."

"I love you so much kiddo and I hate seeing you hurt."

"I l-love you too dad please don't leave me." He hugged me tighter kissing my head.

"Never peter not ever."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 56