Chapter 31: April fools

I know April fools was months ago but I think I've got a good one for you to read also it's short. P.s i wrote this in April.

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

Walking to the kitchen would be normal right? No not with a whole team of superhero's who like pranking one another and today would be horrendous since it's April 1st....the most evil day in April.

APRIL FOOLS!!! As if you couldn't tell i hate this day because the team does a lot of pranks but they don't work on the people they actually set it up for. The pranks always get me a lot of the time i don't get them back because i don't like pulling pranks it's just not my thing i guess i'm too nice of a kid to not pull pranks but i have strategy for today.

I'm staying in my room all day once the pranks are done for i'll resume my normal activities i still have patrol so that means i'll be out of the crossfire. "Friday initiate the April fools protocol."

"Right away Peter." She replied.

"Have the pranks started?" I asked.

"Oh yes they have Dr. Banner, Mr. Loki, and Ms. Wanda have struck first."

"Oh god i'm glad i'm held up in my room."

"It's a good thing you have food and water for your metabolism and luckily you can get in and out of your room without getting pranked."

I laughed, "You said it my AI friend."

A few hours went by and i played chess alone, i fixed my web shooters, did my book report, and did some equations just for fun undisturbed. "Peter Tony told me to get you he said it's an emergency."

"Is dad in trouble?" I asked in worry.

"I don't know peter he just said to get you."

"A-alright."

I ran out to the living room and saw dad standing there and i was confused, "Dad what's going on Friday said you needed me what's the emergency?!"

"I have to do this." He said.

"What are you doing what are the team making you do dad you're freaking me out!"

"I'm sorry peter."

He came towards me and sprayed something in my face before I could react the scent smelled like peppermint oil and it was gross I used the sleeve of my shirt and wiped my eyes and gave my dad the biggest death stare i could muster.

"What. On. Merlin's. Beard. was that for?!"

"The team said to do it."

"Why would you listen to a bunch of children in adult bodies?!"

"No comment."

I looked at him and proceeded to the wall and walked up it until I was sitting on the ceiling with my back towards my dad crossing my arms. "Pete c'mon i'm sorry."

I didn't answer mostly because i didn't want to yell at him and say something i didn't mean but there's no way i'm leaving this ceiling i heard more footsteps and it was the team. "Did you do it?" Uncle Clint asked.

"Yes and that's the result."

"Peter get off the ceiling please." Aunt Tasha said.

I didn't answer they don't deserve to have a conversation with me and I'd rather be silent. "Peter don't make me poke you with a stick to get you down." Dad said.

What I wanted to say was "Come at me bro you can try and get me off this ceiling but it won't work" but i didn't so i stayed silent.

"He's giving us the silent treatment." Uncle Steve said.

"I don't care peter get off the ceiling."

Don't snap don't snap, I thought.

"That's it i'm calling mom."

Right so you can explain what you did to me i bet she'll be very angry with everyone. Dad called mom and said she would be home in twenty minutes considering she was already on her way. They tried poking me didn't work they tried coaxing that didn't work either.

I heard my mom's heels click and clack on the concrete floor and i could tell she was behind me but i didn't budge. "Peter sweetheart what happened?" She asked.

Her tone was soft i trusted my mom with all my heart and i was gonna tell her everything.

"April freaking fools happened dad and these idiots were pranking each other all day and I wasn't wanting to end up in the crossfire again so I decided to hold myself up in my room to avoid being pranked then,"

"Friday told me dad needed me saying it was an emergency but when i got to the living room he was freaking me out saying he had to do it and then proceeded to spray peppermint oil in my face then i walked up the wall and sat down avoiding their attempts at talking to me." I explained.

"Honey come down please."

"Why should i saying sorry doesn't make up for the peppermint oil on my face did you know spiders hate peppermint oil it could possibly kill them luckily I'm not dead or else I'd come back and haunt your idiotic selves."

"Tony you and the team will be in trouble once i get our son off the ceiling and lord so help me whoever was involved with Peter's prank i will personally kick you out of the compound and you'll be sleeping outside."

"Who was involved don't make me ask again." Mom said.

"Tony, Loki, Thor, Steve, and myself Pepper." Wanda said.

(I'm sorry for making the following evil jerks.)

"Great, thank you for telling the truth now you can camp outside."

"Peter c'mon get off the ceiling i'll help you with your eyes." I got off the ceiling with peppermint oil stinging my eyes we got the oil out of them and my dad slept outside with the rest of the traitors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 31