Chapter 131: You're My Mission

Peter stood in line waiting to place an order for a nice hot cup of coffee. It was a perfect fall day, the New York streets were bustling as everyone was making their morning commute. Peter finally reached the counter and started giving his order, when he was done he paid and thanked the barista. Walking out of line he went to a small corner table and took a book out of his satchel.

At twenty four years old, life was going swell for the young man. He loved being able to head to his favorite café and order a drink while relaxing and reading a good book. Most would say he was the "boring type", (mostly any girl he'd gone on a date with) sure he was attractive, but when it came to his personality, in other words it was a big turn off. Cause apparently women were wanting adventure and the bad boy type nowadays.

Peter heard his name being called, he put his bookmark in the page he was reading, and walked up to the counter and grabbed his drink, once again thanking the barista. He sat back down at his table and let his drink cool down before tapping a small sip. Getting back into his book, in his peripheral vision he could see someone's shadow. "Hey, sorry I'm late." A voice said.

He looked up and just about choked on his coffee, seeing (in his opinion) the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, with her caramel skin tone, chocolate brown eyes, and luscious dark hair. Peter snapped out of his trance, "I- I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else." He replied.

The woman ignored him and sat across from him, "A guy was trying to hit on me, I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll leave once I stop feeling him stare at me." She admitted.

Peter nodded, "What's your name?" He set his book aside, and started trying to make conversation.

"I'm MJ, and you are?" The woman introduced herself, while smiling at Peter.

Peter smiled, "I'm Peter, nice to meet you MJ." The two began talking more, when MJ looked back, sighing in relief.

"He's gone. Again, I'm sorry for bothering you, I should probably go as well." As she started getting up Peter did the same. There was something about her that amazed him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"I'm having fun talking to you, why don't we do something? I don't want that guy finding you and trying to pull another stunt." MJ smiled in response.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you anymore than I already have." She said, Peter brushed her off, having enjoyed her company and thought she was a breath of fresh air. They exited the coffee shop and started heading towards Central Park.

They talked, laughed, and genuinely had a good time, when Peter's phone buzzed in his pocket. He opened his phone and read a text message that popped up. He replied and then looked back at MJ, "I'm sorry, my boss is wanting me to come in."  Peter apologized profusely after that, but MJ waved him off.

"Don't worry Peter, it's fine go to your boss." She told him.

"Would you want to hang out again? Like maybe this weekend?" Peter asked.

"Are you asking me out Peter?"

"N- No, I just met you. It's impolite to ask a woman out when first meeting her." Peter replied.

MJ smiled, she knew Peter was charming, but she didn't expect him to be as kind as he was. That's something she rarely sees. "Wow, you have good manners sir."

"Of course m'lady." Peter joked as he bowed.

MJ laughed, "Shouldn't you be heading to work right now?"

"O- Oh right, meet me at the café on Saturday, 9:30 on the dot. Don't be late!" Peter shouted before running off, MJ just smiled as he ran off. About forty five minutes later Peter finally got to his boss's office. The man turned, and Peter was staring at his infamous black eye patch. "You called Director Fury?" Peter said.