Chapter 162: Sensory Overload REVAMPED

(I decided to revamp a chapter so one, it's not cringey, and two, I was stuck writing a different chapter and this was a last minute thing lol. And it's only the first part of the previous chapter I wrote.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was definitely not going to be a good one, there was going to be an assembly at school. Peter hated assemblies, most people didn't mind them but Peter absolutely despised them. Enhanced senses weren't always a saint. Ned and Peter walked into the auditorium and sat down by MJ. As Principal Morita stood on the stage.

"Alright guys, as a special surprise, we will be having a band come and play." After he walked off stage a group of men and women came out. Some kids screamed out in excitement, Peter could hear every whisper, every heartbeat, everything. The lights were flashing, Peter started feeling dizzy, squeezing his eyes shut and clamping his hands over his ears.

"Peter, are you okay?" Ned asked, gently shaking Peter. Some of the kids noticed Peter curled up in a ball and crying. Of course they only laughed at him, making him more humiliated. Ned quickly grabbed his phone and called Tony Stark. If Peter could talk, he'd tell his friends he wanted to disappear. He felt the beginning of a headache, and his Spidey sense was about to explode.

"Peter!" A voice from the back of the auditorium called out to the young teen, all eyes turned, everyone gasped, and some screamed to the billionaire. Tony ignored the students and walked straight to Peter. "It's going to be okay, kid." Tony pulled Peter into a hug and helped him to his feet. The man basically dragged him into the hall, the whole room went dead silent.

Outside the auditorium, where the band and screaming teens could still be heard, Tony took Peter into the nearest and darkest classroom far away from the noise. "Peter, it's okay," After a couple of minutes, Tony was able to slowly remove Peter's hands from his ears and get the kid to open his eyes. Peter was still sobbing as the pain was unbearable.

"It's t.. too loud... too b.. bright," Peter whimpered, Tony's expression softened, he pulled Peter close to him.

"Shh Peter, it's not your fault. You'll be okay." Tony reassured.

"Thanks dad." Peter was too exhausted to correct his mistake, as he fell asleep up against the older man's chest. Tony's heart fluttered at the word dad, to everyone, Peter's Aunt May, and the Avengers, Tony was Peter's dad. The only people who didn't notice were Peter and Tony themselves. (I honestly like this revamp better than its predecessor. It shows my writing has improved significantly. I'm happy about that.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 162