Chapter 149: Trapped A Disney Part 2

(Buckle up everyone, this entire chapter is a roller coaster of emotions lol.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Peter could even tell Harley not to open the door, he opened it, and a man with an intimidating demeanor about him stood on the welcome mat. Peter knew exactly who he was, his name was Quentin Beck, one of the, if not most infamous and envious bounty hunter the kingdom of Alena had ever seen. Peter knew his parents sent the briskly man to find him, and he'd be lying to god if he wasn't terrified of what they'd say when he got back.

"Hello, your highness." The man greeted, much to Peter's dismay, Harley looked to his friend, obviously showing an expression of confusion on why this man was spouting nonsense. Beck smirked darkly at the young teen, he was definitely getting paid a good sum of pounds for finding the prince. "Peter, what is he talking about?" And of course, Beck spoke first so Peter couldn't explain himself.

"You didn't tell your commoner friend your true identity, your highness? That's a shame, that he had to find out this way. You're coming with me, your parents are very worried." Peter loathed this man, he was ruining everything, all so he could be paid for a heavy amount of money.

Hot tears began spilling from his eyes, his parents would never understand, how could they? Their whole relationship was an arranged marriage, He didn't want to go back to that life, he wanted to be with Harley and Claire, he wanted to wake up and work in the town, he wanted to be a kid for the little time he had left. Was that selfish?

He felt like it was, he hated having extremely high expectations for the life he could never have. He didn't want to be the prince who refused to be a proper king for his citizens. But he also didn't want to be a person who gave up on his dreams, even if it was as small as wanting to live in the town with a normal and average life.

"P... Peter? Harley? What's going on?" Claire had come out of her room, somewhat hearing the conversation from the hallway. Harley glared back at Quentin, ready to take him down by any means necessary, he even warned the man. Harley's eyes narrowed, "If you want to get to Peter you're going to have to get through me first." He said, stepping in front of Peter, holding his arm out protectively.

Quentin sighed, taking out a sharp blade, "If you don't move out of my way, you will get hurt, kid. I don't care what happens to you, I'm here for the prince." He said, guestering to Peter, but Harley didn't budge, Peter then gripped his arm tightly.

"Harley, please, don't. I have to go with him. I'm sorry I lied to you both, the truth is, I'm the Crown Prince of Alena. The reason I didn't tell you that was because I didn't want to risk being found." Beck smirked, knowing he got the young prince to surrender. Harley began to back down, turning to Peter, and seeing his glossed over eyes, his heart broke at that moment.

Claire then came running and hugged Peter, repeatedly begging him not to leave them. Unfortunately, fate would have other plans for the prince, and after their tearful goodbyes, Peter and Quentin left. Heading back to the palace, of course Peter was dreading the conversation that would take place with his parents. They'd most likely scold him for this whole ordeal, telling him how 'worried' they were for his safety.

Peter knew that was a bold faced lie, because if they cared, they would've been looking for him. Not Beck, but because they cared more about their precious reputation, than their own son gave Peter more of a reason to loathe them. Peter came up with a saying, "I may be your flesh and blood, but I am not your son."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Quentin walked Peter into the palace his parents were already waiting for them. They ran forward and pulled him into a crushing hug, but Peter felt numb to it all, everything felt so superficial he couldn't even fathom it. He knew once people dispersed he'd be getting a stern talking to, and couldn't wait for it. (Note his sarcasm.)