Chapter 66: Needing one another {30 day challenge}

Right so I'm warning you now everyone sadness is near. So if you want to continue don't say I didn't warn you. Somewhat inspired by scarletscaptain oneshot ☺️

On with the story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the iconic snap of a Mad Titan's fingers, the whole world went quiet. And it stayed quiet for a long, unbearable time. People tried to move on, hidden in grief and an overwhelming cloud of sadness. Everyone had lost someone, families and friends, and the cemetery had become the most economic-boosting business.

Those who couldn't cope with their losses spiralled down a dark path of crime and error, too saddened that they lost people who were innocent, while criminals were unharmed. But the ones that didn't, the ones that refused to move on and accept vowed to do whatever it took for their planet to be restored to the way it used to be, as well as prevent anyone or anything from ever trying to threaten it ever again.

To speak for those who are speechless, to empower those who feel powerless, to protect those who can't protect themselves. You know who they are and what they're willing to sacrifice. A wise man once said, "If we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it."

What are those heroes are doing right now at this very moment you ask? They're suiting up and are traveling through time when all thought it was impossible.

Guess it took some aliens to attack New York, an artificial intelligence destroying a country, and a purple titan wanting to create a mass genocide to convince them otherwise.

Every hero that are trying to fix he who shall not be named's destruction split into groups. Nebula and Rhodey would retrieve the Power Stone, Thor and Rocket would get the Aether, while Nat, Clint, Steve, Bruce, and Scott would split up in 2012 during Loki's Invasion to get the time and the tesseract stone, leaving Peter and Tony to Vormir.

Peter looked at the steep overbearing mountain as if it was falling forward which didn't settle his nerves. His father gripped his shoulder. The elder man asked confidently, "Ready to climb?".

Peter looked at Tony as if he'd gone mad, "W-wait climb?"

"Yeah kiddo we gotta climb how else are we gonna get up there?" Peter nodded as both him and Tony climbed as they were halfway up Peter stopped, looking at the sky.

"Pete? You okay?" Tony asked.

Peter looked up at his dad who had the expression of worry weaved across his face. He sighed softly, "I'm okay dad just... looking at the vast sky of colors." Tony smiled his son, who was an adult but was still the same as he was when he was a kid except wiser.

He's a great son, brother, hero, and contributor to society but in the back of Tony's head he would always wonder if Peter was really ready to do whatever it took to save the world. Not in a let down way, but because his son was so innocent, so pure, for him to make choices that wouldn't always be the best would be hard no doubt. But as Peter got older and matured (not that he wasn't already.) he proved his father wrong time and time again.

They rested for a minute before continuing on with their journey. They got up to the very top seeing nothing but an endless void of nothingness. Were they really sent to this planet to find nothing? They looked back at each other in confusion, what was going on?

Where are the tripwires? Or the explosives? They had no idea what to do so as they stood next to each other, making sure they were both close to the other. "Anthony Edward Stark."

Tony turned his blasters at the ready while Peter got into a stance ready to take names and kick butt. "And Peter Anthony Stark."

Peter could sense something or someone and then shadowy figure came out but he didn't look human his face was the complete opposite it was red it definitely wasn't what a human would look like. "Who are you?" Peter asked.