Chapter 80: The Strangest of Things

(I know Stranger Things is a tv show and currently set in 85 but for the sake of my imagination it exists in the real world of Marvel, funnily enough I never posted this chapter because I forgot about it.)

Peter and Tony were in the compounds lab, trying to get the time machine up and running. With multiple alterations it was done. Tony did it! He figured out time travel with the help of Peter his intern and now they're testing it out but the problem is they haven't exactly figured out what year they were traveling to at least not until Peter came up with an idea.

"Hey Mr. Stark, why don't we travel to 1989!" Peter suggested.

"Great idea kid!" Tony exclaimed. After that they set the machine to spending three hours in the town of Hawkins, Indiana. "In 3... 2... 1!" Peter said.

Then they flew through the void to their destination. When they looked around they knew where they were located. It was a two-story house reading the mailbox by the driveway. It was concluded Tony and Peter are standing in front of the Wheeler's house.

Peter walked to the front door ringing the doorbell when a woman with blonde hair answered. "Hello and who might you two be?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

"Hello Mrs. Wheeler. I'm Peter Parker, a friend of your son Mike. I was wondering if he was home." Peter greeted.

"I'm Tony Parker Peter's father Mrs. Wheeler." Tony greeted.

"Nice to meet you both Mike is actually in the basement with his other friends if you want to come in Peter."

"Sure thank you Mrs. Wheeler, can my dad come in?" Peter asked.

"Sure! Would you like to stay over for dinner?"

Peter looked towards Tony who shook his head but Peter was still excited about meeting the party. "I'm sorry Mrs. Wheeler but we'd love to but unfortunately we can't." said Tony.

"Alright anyway Peter you can head downstairs to the basement."

Peter smiled and walked further into the house going down the steps leading to the basement. He's pretty sure the kids are going to freak out about a time traveler standing in front of them.

"Um who are you and what the heck are you doing in my house?!" asked Mike.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peter Parker and I'm not from this time." Peter said.

"Is he from the upside down?" asked Will.

"No, I'm not from that horrible place. I'm from the future and my mentor figured out time travel. I only have three hours here and I wanted to visit."

"Well I'm Mike that's Will over there is Max, Dustin, and Lucas and the girl sitting next to me is Jane but we call her El."

"Nice to meet you Peter Parker. I have a question." said Lucas.

"Am I allowed to sit down somewhere?" asked Peter.

Mike nodded and Peter smirked, clinging to the ceiling and sitting down that way while watching the other kids that were older marvel at him demonstrating his extraordinary abilities. (My humor is nonexistent.)

"How can you do that?!" asked Max.

"Well I have the abilities of a radioactive spider."

"You're Spider-Man!" Will exclaimed.

"Yup, also what was your question Lucas?" asked Peter.

Lucas snapped out of his daze asking how old Peter was and he answered 15 years old while they're 19 they talked for hours. It was only a few minutes before Peter had to go.

"Guys I wanna meet you guys in the future so I'm going to give you my address. Keep this until August 8 2019 at 3:00 come on that exact date and time okay?" He asked.

"Will do Spidey." said El.

"Alright bye guys." Peter waved them goodbye before leaving and heading upstairs grabbing Tony and then they left returning to New York the exact moment they left.

"Mr. Stark, I gotta run, I'll be back."

Peter ran into the elevator to the front door of the compound seeing 6 adults standing outside. He recognized them instantly, and opened the door and greeted them. (I did the math and the party in present time would be, 48. Since they're all the same age and were born in 1971.)

"Hello party members."

"Hi Peter, nice to see you again." said Dustin.

Peter examined them, El's hair was longer, Max's hair was styled into a bob, Will was practically taller than all of them except Mike, Lucas still wore his hair in a short Afro, and Dustin still wore his classic cap.

He may have only met them a few hours ago but for them it was decades. "Could we come in Spidey?" asked El.

"Oh r- right it's weird knowing i met you guys a few hours ago." He admitted.

"Yeah well we're adults now still older than you." said Max.

"True but how's adulthood anyway, I see five of you have wedding rings on. I'm assuming Mike and El got married then Lucas and Max, then Dustin and Suzie."

They all answered yes but Will wasn't wearing a ring Peter wondered about it so in his innocent tone he asked. "I see you Will aren't wearing a wedding ring, why is that?"

"I'm not married, Pete but I'm dating a lovely woman named Laura. We've been dating for two years now but I've known her longer than that." Will explained.

"Well when are you going to pop the question?"

Everyone laughed at Peter's question and wondered when Will was going to propose to Laura; his friends have been asking that question ever since the two started dating. "Well I guess I should tell you all now."

They gasped, "You're gonna propose?!" Mike asked his friend.

"Yeah I mean I thought now was the right time I'm going to do it tonight."

"I'm invited to this wedding when she says yes correct?" Peter asked.

"Yup!" Will said.

Peter high-fived his friend's hand and they continued talking then everyone had to leave so they said goodbye and went their separate ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 80