Trouble (ChikaHono)

(Published October 17, 2020)

Honoka's POV

"Honoka!"

"Hiiiii! What is it Umi-chan?" I was shocked at the sudden call of my name and the tone she was using. The events of last night flashed in my mind and that may be the cause of my surprised shriek.

"Why are you so startled, Honoka-chan?" My ashen friend looked up from the cloth she was stitching.

"You actually went somewhere last night, right?" Umi-chan firmly asked, her arms were crossed but I think she just unsheathed a sword in front of me.

"Ummm... no?" I cocked my head to the side, feigning obliviousness. I gulped down my nervousness but that doesn't include the sweat that keeps sliding down my temples.

"I know you were not in your room last night, sleeping as you were supposed to. So where did you go?" Umi-chan was walking around my room, tapping a finger on her arm and stopped to turn her head to me at the question. There was a hint of worry in her tone and that made me feel guilty, a little guilty.

"I think I might've gotten myself in trouble?" I sighed and stated the mess that I think I have gotten into, for accidentally slipping in that part of the busy nights of the streets was a bad idea, and being alone on top of that.

"What?!" My two best friends stopped in their tracks in hearing my statement.

"What did you do? No, not that. First tell me, where you went last night and I will connect the dots from there." Umi-chan was taking in some deep breaths before slowly taking a seat beside Kotori-chan.

"I was hungry so I went out to buy some food. But I suddenly found myself in a club." I was wracking my head to remember the events that happened that escalated to that embarrassing moment of being pushed onto a wall.

"Club?! Don't you know how those kinds of places work?" Umi-chan abruptly stood up, a vein was popping on her head.

"Umi-chan, Umi-chan, calm down please. It's not that bad right?" Thank God Kotori-chan was here. That at least helps me have a moment of relief. Though that relief was premature with Kotori-chan looking at me so sadly.

"Ahaha..." I laughed awkwardly, looking away, not having the courage to look at them in the eyes. This was my fault. I'm only able to impose myself on them so much after all. I'm already living with them.

"Please explain, Honoka." Umi-chan put her hands together, as if pleading. Kotori-chan put a hand over that pleading hand.

"Right." I stiffly sat in front of them, kneeling. "Where should I start? Ah that part seems to be right. So here goes..."

"Where was that bakery? I'm sure it was around here somewhere..." I kept walking around aimlessly, destination not sure where to.

That was until I found an interesting amount of people in a crowd. They were crowding in front of a certain infrastructure. I thought it was the bakery. People would flock to places with delicious food right?

"E-excuse me! Let me through!" I squeezed myself into the crowd, excited to be seeing a showcase of pipping hot, fresh bread out of the oven. A snack before bed if you must say.

"A newbie! Guys! Welcome her to the club?" A random person put their hands on my shoulders and patted my back. That threw me off guard.

"Club?" I asked the person after the loud applause.

"Yup! It's a club, a place where the night comes alive!" The person laughed.

Then I suddenly felt a hand on my wrist. That simple hand had pulled me put of the crowd. My back then met the concrete of a wall, an arm on the left of my face and a fist crumpling my polo. I scaredly looked up to see the person who put me put of the place I didn't expect to be.

"You! This isn't a place for you, for people like you!" Her veins were popping, her fiery red eyes were screaming. She looked visibly pissed off. I was not expecting someone so... so... I don't know.

"What is this place?" I still had the drive to ask a question. I just felt that there was no sense of danger? In the position I was in, I didn't feel threatened nor scared. Strange...

"I told you it's not someplace where a person like you should be in!" She aggressively pulled on my collar.

"Ow!"

"This isn't getting through your head." She released her hold on me and backed away. She looked at me again and ruffled her own hair in annoyance. She grabbed my wrist again and pulled me out of the noisy party noises of the club. "Let's get you out of here first."

I didn't say a word while she was pulling me around. So I had the time to observe the person who seemed to have worried about me, a stranger who's worried about me. That's definitely odd. But what's more odd is me not feeling any danger around this some sort of delinquent.

"So... What brought you to a place like this so late at night?" She pushed me away and sat on a nearby concrete seat.

"Bread." I simply said, my eyes looking straight into those ruby orbs.

"Wha- Bread?! This late at night?!" She was genuinely surprised, she almost lost balance when she was taken aback. Then she suddenly had a dangerous smile on her face.

"You're an interesting one, aren't you?" She chuckled.

"No, not really. You're the one who's interesting." I replied flatly, I was not sure how to act so I just played with my fingers.

"Hey, exchange numbers with me." She gestured me to come closer. "Oh, and your name to add to that too."

"Sure..." I fumbled around the small bag I brought, it seemed like I forgot to bring my own phone. I smiled wryly. "I don't have my phone with me. But the name's Honoka."

"I'll keep that in mind, Honoka-chan. You have a pen there, right?" She stretched her neck to have a peek at my bag.

"Eh, uh, yeah. Here." I looked back and forth between my bag and the woman. Without minding much, I handed her a ballpen.

"Come here for a moment." She pulled my hand and used it as a writing pad. I'm not exactly new to writing on my hand, but it kinda tickles when someone else does.

"There. That should do it." That's the first I've seen her smile.

"Name?"

"Chika. Call me soon, Honoka-chan!" She stood up from her seating position and turned around, waved her hand.

"Ah, wait!"

"Hm?" She turned around with confusion on her face.

"Where are we?"

"And that's how I got back home safely!" I said proudly with my hands on my hips.

"You're an idiot." Umi-chan sighed.

"At least she safely returned home, Umi-chan." Kotori-chan cheered.

"So where is Chika you speak of?" Umi-chan asked.

"Honoka-chan!!!" A loud yell from outside the house.

"That one just now." I smiled as I opened a window and waved at the cool woman in front of the gates.

"Come on in, Chika-kun!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heya, it's Shun-chan!

It's a leader x leader fic!

Actually I don't know what au this is, but this Chika-san is cool!

I just hope you guys like it!

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!