Look at Me (KotoUmi)

(Published September 13, 2020)

No One's POV

Beautiful blue silky hair sways with the wind. Her eyes can't help but follow. Like it's been ingrained in her brain. Well they've been together since their childhood, along with an energetic brunette.

It's got to be unfair in some ways but the ashen had found her way around the blue haired's buttons. She just needed to press the right ones.

"Hey, Umi-chan..." The ashen fidgeted with her fingers. A silent red dusting her cheeks.

"Hm?" The called girl turns toward the ashen when she was met with a kiss. On the lips. She was genuinely surprised. Instinctively, she backed away meters away. The ashen laughed at the obvious reaction from the blue haired.

"K-kotori! W-w-what was that for?" Unable to make direct eye contact with the ashen, she stared at the big tree behind Kotori. But the huge blush on her face was big evidence that Kotori got out the best reaction she could ask for. After all Umi gives the most expressive reaction. It's fun seeing those reactions from her. Who can blame Kotori for taking the teasing up a notch.

"Hmmm..." She thought for awhile but decided there was no reason behind it and a sly smile has found it's way to the ashen's lips. "Just because."

"R-really?"

"Yep."

That went on for a while until Umi gave up on getting an actual answer.

"Kotori you're a hard nut to crack." Umi sighed. Obviously defeated at the stern response of Kotori's 'yep's and 'just because's.

"It's just easy to find the ways in getting you to talk Umi-chan." Kotori giggled, amused at the sad look and aura Umi is emanating.

"Like if I just do this and you'll be flustered in no time." Kotori closed her distance to Umi and blew air to Umi's left ear. And just as she had said, that flustered Umi was actually the outcome. Now a grin was on the ashen. "See?"

"R-right." Umi protectively covered her left ear.

"Even if you had anticipated it, you'd still be having that reaction. It's cute, if anything." Kotori was laughing, eyes staring up at the blue sky.

"C-c-c-cute!? I'm not at all cute. If we're talking of cuteness, it's obvious you're the cute one." Umi shyly replied under her breath as she stole a few glances at the looking up ashen.

"My! It's been a while since I last heard you say that! I'm happy to hear that."

That was the last conversation those two had that was only the two of them.

They've gotten busy with each others' individual works. Umi's gotten serious in the archery club as an approaching tournament was arriving which she was invited. Kotori, not being able to see Umi in a while, kept herself busy with her part time job at a maid cafe in Akihabara.

Their ginger haired friend was flustered at the sudden changes and still found it best to not interfere in the affairs of her friends. It would feel like she was imposing herself on them. But she still joined Kotori at her part time job, which her mom yelled her for as she was the poster girl of their own sweets shop.

And finally, the day of the tournament came. It was an important day for the blue haired. As well as the ashen, for a different reason.

"It's Otonokizaka's Sonoda Umi's turn to take a shot." Says the announcer and commentary.

Umi took a deep breath to calm herself. Eyes laid at the center of the target. Wind was slightly there but it should pose no problem in getting a good shot. She pulled the string towards her. After she got her aim right, she let go of the string.