Pranks (Shioriko)

(Published October 5, 2021)

No One's POV

It would've been just a peaceful day for Shioriko. Or what the girl would've wanted for this very day.

Unfortunately, it would just not work your way.

Well, she does appreciate that the other girls are sending their birthday greetings along with gifts. She can't even resist smiling at knowing that there are some people who would want to connect with her.

It still sometimes feel like a dream that she met with these people.

Even with those excuses, there's just one person who kept on pestering her the whole day.

A puff of air is blown into the left ear of Shioriko. She covers both of her ears while taking big steps forward and turns around to meet eye to eye with the perpetrator.

"Kasumi-san!"

The perpetrator only snickers to herself at the embarrassed Shioriko.

"Can you please stop with the pranks?" Shioriko clears her throat as she composes herself back into working order.

"No can do! It's just really fun seeing all the interesting expressions you make when you're caught off guard." Kasumi closes the gap that Shioriko had made. She only stops an inch away from Shioriko's standing point, only to surprise her with a bright smile. "It's your birthday today, so loosen up will you?"

"Even if that is the case, I can't just slack off like you always do, Kasumi-san." Shioriko in turn takes another step away from the shorter girl.

"Wha- I don't always slack off! Kasumin is very hardworking!" That made Kasumi puff out her cheeks in irritation. This only worked in favor of Shioriko as Kasumi had finally looked away from her.

"Sure. At least in the school idol part." Shioriko sighs. "But you still have to do well in school or you're going to be banned from going to club if ever you get a failing grade."

The color in Kasumi's face darkened at the thought of not going to club even for just a day. She became frozen in her spot, earning the distraction that Shioriko was planning for.

"With that, please study enough for the exams, Kasumi-san. Though you're doing better than I expected." Shioriko mumbles to herself the last sentence as she leaves Kasumi on her own for her duty as student council president.

When Kasumi comes out of her reverie, she looks around for the taller girl. She then quickly realizes what had been done and gets frustrated at herself.

"You're actually playing this way, Shioko!" She stomps her feet a couple of times before Shizuku and Rina finds her.

"Where have you been Kasumi-san?" Shizuku takes Kasumi's hand and grasps it for them to not be separated anymore.

"Never mind that. Let's plan together for Shioriko-san's birthday." Rina put on her board to get the two of them moving.

Shizuku and Kasumi face each other and smiles. They follow Rina into the clubroom where the rest of the members where.

Despite how they were when they first met Shioriko, they've all warmed up to the girl in question. Even Shioriko seems to have taken a liking to them that she later joined them.

So planning for a surprise besides the earlier gift giving, was a natural thing for the group to do.

Oblivious to what is going to happen, Shioriko is comfortably filing some papers that was just given to her. She is happy to get some peace and quiet in doing her work.

She already told the rest of the council members to keep it down on the celebrations thing today and that worked incredibly in her favor.

The moment her work finished, she takes a deep breath and suddenly feels something missing. Not knowing what it exactly is, she packs up and leaves the comfortable space.

"Shioko!" An oh-so-familiar voice reverberates in the halls. The volume makes the called girl dash out, only walking fast mind you.

"K-Kasumi-san! Shhh!" Shioriko steps in front of the playful girl. She later notices the other two she brought along.

"Hello, Shioriko-san." Rina and Shizuku pops out from behind Kasumi and takes the called girl by the hand, not making her say anything except incoherent and unfinished statements. Kasumi is tapping her forward from the back with that smug face of hers.

They arrive to the door to their club and Shioriko looks at her fellow first years with suspicion. That didn't take long as the door opened itself from the inside.

"Happy birthday Shioriko/Mifune-san/chan/Shio-ti!"

Shioriko stands there, completely dazed. Even the members of the council were in on the surprise, that caught her off guard. She never thought that they would let themselves in on the plan with the school idol club.

She still can't get out of her daze so the first years pushes her in the room with impatience. The older girls inside the room laugh at the scene.

Now taking in the situation, Shioriko starts tearing up at the soft feeling in her heart.

"Thank you everyone." Shioriko wipes the tears that goes running down her cheeks but it keeps on coming back.

Kasumi and Shizuko smile at each other before warmly consoling the overwhelmed girl. Rina went ahead and hugs the girl. The older girls become flustered at the situation, not knowing what to do but put down the cake and go to the girl.

It was a day that is sure to stay with Shioriko's heart for a long time.

-------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

I'm not playing All Stars anymore and don't know what is happening.

BUT, I want Shioriko to feel loved.

I won't be writing for Lanzhu nor Mia Taylor anytime soon.

Oh right, got bday Shioko in LLSIF on the second 10 pull. That was a surprise.

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!