Wearing the Garment (ShizuKasu)

(Published August 15, 2020)

Shizuku's POV

I've been looking here and there. Watching my classmates as they follow the teachers' instructions. I was on the sidelines for the reason of failing to bring a requirement to the class.

I forgot to bring my school swimsuit. I didn't even know there was swimming class today! Isn't that kind if out of character for me? I can't help it, honestly I'm a forgetful person. I should've put a noted alarm in the morning or a note on my bathroom mirror!

But I guess it's all fine... It'd be super embarrassing if I were to go swim with them now. I still have to practice by myself so I won't have to embarrass myself for not knowing how to swim. I let out a sigh, my hands relaxed on my lap.

I looked over to my classmates who was going for a jump into the pool. I instinctively raised my feet onto the bench to avoid getting wet by the result of a big splash. I let out a sigh of relief as I had actually dodged getting wet. I heard a couple of apologies thrown at me which I politely received.

The sun has slowly made its way to its highest, it was almost noon. Finally. Since the class was almost done anyway, I made my way to the corner of the pool to at least cool myself with the cold water. Then suddenly I felt a cold splash into my face.

"Wha-" My mood changed instantly as it was not my plan getting my clothes wet. As I said, I didn't bring any spare clothes. Maybe I should go check in my locker if I still have my jersey there. After realizing that the water attack was intentional, I looked at the person responsible for it.

"Shizuko! I'm sorry it was an accident." The ashen looked at me apologetically, but it was obvious it was an act. I shot her a glare and it felt like I saw her shiver, but it seemed like a small smile was creeping to her lips. Weird.

"You know the reason I didn't get to join the class today and you still went out of your way to get my clothes wet." My mood soured and I decided to stand up and looked down on the girl with the school swimsuit. I said one last word and showed her a smile. "Kasumi."

"Y-yes!" She was in attention, her eyes were quivering.

"I'll see you later." I waved my hand as I turned my back on her.

Now, what should I do with these clothes. I just hope I have my jersey in my locker. If not, I'll just look for another way to get a change of clothes and avoid getting a cold. With that the case, I should hurry and find some clothes.

I eventually found my way to our locker room. I opened my locker holding my breath, hoping to find a jersey in. And when I did, a sigh of relief had went out again. Thanking myself for leaving a change of clothes in the locker, I took it out and closed my locker.

My eyes had somehow strayed to the set that was hanged on the corner of the locker. Looking at it closer, it was Kasumi-chan's! Speaking of her, I really didn't mean to make her scared... But she's the one who threw water at my face, my Face! It would have been fine if I was the one who was washing my face... uuu...

I suddenly heard a familiar tune and voice. It took me out of my trance and looked everywhere frantically and it brought me to look at what I'm wearing.

"Huh?!!" A voice of shock and embarrassment came out. The sound from earlier became sounds of rushing feet.

"What's the matter?" She asked as the door opened with a bam. Then when she scanned me, a sly grin appeared on her face. "What's this? Is that my jacket?"

"Uh." I hesitantly looked to the side, unable to say anything when I saw the ashen that was responsible for getting my clothes wet.

"Ohh... Oh-hoh! heh" The grin on her face grew wider by the second. This brought heat rushing to my face.

"No! This isn't, um- It's not what it-" In my case, it feels like my blushing is getting darker by the second. I mean, why did I subconsciously wore her jacket?! Why me?!

"Oh, Shizuko. It's okay. I mean, what's a girl to do when she's so in love with me?" I can actually feel her teasing has gone up a notch. But she's not exactly wrong with what she's saying. Wait, what? What am I thinking!? Well, it is like that... ugh... What am I going to do with this little teasing...

"It's not like that, Kasumi-chan!!" I was going my way to her but she was not budging, her arms were ccrossed too. I turned my back on her. "This was you fault in the first place!"

"W-well, yeah it was..." Yes! I finally got to break her out of her grinning. Wasting no time, I took the jacket off my shoulders in a second and wore the shirt that I took out of mine. "But it seemed like you were kinda lonely earlier..."

"I was?..." Did that really show on my face? "But still that doesn't mean you can splash me water like that. What would I have done if I didn't have a change of clothes?"

"I'd let you wear mine." She replied without a moments hesitation. This reply brought back the red on my cheeks. "You were wearing it."

"Are you doing this on purpose?" I really can't take anymore of this. This is embarrassing... What's more embarrassing is her throwing those lines like it's nothing!

"What do you mean?" She definitely had her head tilted to the side. The towel on her shoulder had slipped and was now being gripped by her hand.

She's too dense at moments like these. But that's one of her charm points.

Seeing that I had finally got to wear what I wanted, I walked to her and planted my lips on her cheeks and whispered to her ear, "Kasumi-chan, you idiot."

I walked out of the locker room feeling satisfied. I guess that's one up by me.

A giggle left my mouth as I headed to our classroom for lunch.

(Kasumi)

'The heck, Shizuko!' She let her hand wander to her right cheek, a furious blush setting itself on her face.

In other words, she was too surprised to even make out words. But she was burning and steaming.