Errand (KanataHaruka)

(Published December 24, 2021)

No One's POV

"What do I do with you onee-chan?" The responsible little sister smiles to herself as she sees her older sister in a comfortable sleeping position. She puts her hands on her hips and tries to put on the best glare she can make. "You're sleeping on Arcanine's tail again."

"Fwah?" The older sister yawns awake as she rubs her eyes open. She looks at her pokemon who doesn't seem to mind it at all. She flops back down onto the fluffy tail, making her little sister huff.

"Unless you want to be doused with water..." She looks back to her small pokemon prodding along beside her. "Do it, Azumarill."

"W-w-w-w-wait! I'm up! I'm up! I'm up! What do you need Haruka?" Instinctively, she rises up with her hands in front of her in a defense, ready to be shot with water. She peeks from in between the gaps to grasp her little sister's expression.

Haruka crouches to pet her pokemon who leans into the touch with a happy expression. Though happy is not what you can describe about the look on her face, making the older sister toughen up her defenses behind Arcanine's tail.

"Milk would be great." Haruka leaves her older sister while tying up her apron behind her. She doesn't say anything else and that only made the older sister gulp.

"Let's go Arcanine..." The pokemon follows after her with small steps. Kanata still holds her guard up as she passes by Azumarill who only follows her with her eyes.

The moment she steps out of the house, she once again buries her face into the soft fur of her pokemon. She breathes it in to help herself relax.

"Kanata-chan! You're finally out. Did Haruka scold you again?" She peers down onto the called girl while sweeping her hair into the back of her ear.

"Ah, Emma-chan... I wouldn't say yes, but you know what went down." Kanata brushes her hair back with her hands and looks up at the taller girl. "You wouldn't happen to have milk in that basket, would you?"

"In here?" Emma opens her basket for a moment and shakes her head. "It's only pokemon food I have since I'm on my way to the daycare."

"I still have to walk more than this?"

"You're only just outside your house door, Kanata-chan."

"Right." She lets out a forced laugh as she walks forward with her Arcanine. "I'll see you later then, Emma-chan."

Emma only waves her hand to the girl. Only Kanata's sad back can be seen and Emma puts a hand to her cheek in worry.

The sun is starting to hurt and Kanata doesn't want anything to do with this torture. Why would anyone want to hurt themselves by walking under this sun? Although there is snow present, it isn't even enough to negate the heat of the sunlight.

"Oh, Kanata-chan! Good morning!" Their energetic neighbor who is full of herself extravagantly appears in front of the tired girl. Her Fletchling cleanly lands on top of her head.

Another girl runs behind her and stops with a deep breath. Her Panpour clinging for life on her shoulder.

"Sorry about Kasumi-san, Kanata-san. She got out of my defense." She lowers her head along with Panpour for the apology.

"You should let me be free every once in a while Shizuko!" Kasumi pouts with her shoulders crossed. Shizuku completely ignores the action as she gestured for Fletchling to peck on Kasumi, who immediately shooed the bird pokemon away from her head with tears on her eyes.

"I don't mind at all, Shizuku-chan. More importantly, do you have milk?" Kanata giggles at the display while Arcanine excitedly looks at the other pokemon.

"If it's milk, I think Ayumu-san and Yu-san would have them. They're just right over there." Shizuku points to her right side.

A pink haired and black haired are enthusiastically doing their work. Just looking at them do their work with no complaints somehow pains Kanata in a different way.

"Thanks, Shizuku-chan. I hope I'm not prying but I think Kasumi-chan has already run away." Kanata eyes the ashen running full speed to the other direction.

"It's fine. I already have someone after her." Shizuku says with a smile that makes a chill run down Kanata's spine.

"O-okay..."

So, Kanta leaves the two to their own devices and comes closer to the shop.

"Kanata-chan, welcome! It's rare that you get out alone. I mean, you are not exactly alone, but I'm sure you know what I mean." Yu greets her first with her usual bright smile.

"Have you come to buy things, Kanata-san?" Ayumu also greets her while she is holding a tray of milk bottles. She only looks to her direction from inside their house.

"Yes, I'd like some milk please. If you could let me have them quickly, that would be such a great help." Kanata lets out a relieved sigh as soon as she saw what Ayumu was holding.

"Just wait for a moment." Yu goes back inside their house in haste. "Is two gonna be enough?"

"I think that's fine."

"Right."

While waiting, Kanata sits on the snow and sighs at the cool temperature. She never forgets to let Arcanine rest its head on her lap every now and then. It's a give and take relationship that both silently agreed on.

"Here it is, Kanata-san." Ayumu gives the order in a paper bag. Kanata recieves it with a nod of gratitude as she quietly heads her way back home.

She wanted to make a comment to Ayumu's appearance then, but she ultimately decides against it. Speaking of the two of them, she didn't see their pokemons walking around their house too. They probably let them rest in their poké balls from time to time is the conclusion that Kanata came upon.

She's back home and she's still anxious about getting inside to be welcomed with an angry Haruka. Just as Kanata was about to turn the doorknob, there is banging on the door in a steady rhythm. She cautiously steps back and the door opens on its own.

"H-Haruka? Azumarill?" She looks to each of the mentioned names with cold sweat trickling down her temple.

"You were already here. Why are you just standing there, come on in." There are no signs of her little sister in a bad mood and she is urging her to come back in. Kanata lets herself smile as she enters her home with her little sister.

"Are you not mad already Haruka?" Kanata halts in front of the dining room as her little sister takes the milk from her hand.

Haruka takes out two glasses and puts them on the table, pouring the milk into them. Then she sits on one of the chairs and smiles.

"Happy birthday, onee-chan."

Arcanine nudges Kanata forward who is too shocked to move. Azumarill also jumps high enough to land on her shoulder and taps on her cheek with her small hand.

"...Thank you Haruka."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Shun-chan here!

Finally able to post this, it's late even though I wrote this on the day of.

We got our electricity down, so that explains things.

I'm still working on that special...

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!

Love Live Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें