Tastes (YohaMaRuby)

(Published July 28, 2019)

Yoshiko's POV

Right now, I'm here sitting on a table of three waiting for them to come. How are they even late? I didn't expect them to be late as they were the ones who planned this and both of them usually arrives earlier than me.

I looked at the clock on the wall in front of me and looked at the time, 9:30 a.m.

Okay, I was the one really early. I clicked my tongue at the realization. Maybe, I was too excited for this meet up.

To pass the time, I took my phone out, relaxed my back on my chair behind me and crossed my legs. I opened it to the messages icon and looked at our last conversation. I chuckled at reading our conversation.

I used to be alone and lonely, look at me now, I'm happy together with these two. I think I can survive the world now that I have them in my life.
I'm forever grateful for those two, although I won't admit that to them.

'Really, the problem now is, when are they even going to arrive here!?' I thought as I clenched my other hand and tried not to slam the table out of impatience.

"...So...rry...we...re...late..." They said in unison as they both had their hands on their knees and panting in front of me. They looked so hot as I looked at them, their sweat dripping from their chins.

Good thing I didn't take a table inside the cafe. Not that I'm complaining. I guess my face will explain that I am embarrassed of what I am seeing in front of me.

"W..what's wrong Yoshiko-chan, zura?" Hanamaru asked as she tried to wipe off the sweat on her forehead.

"Your face is red, Yoshiko-chan." Ruby said briefly as she reached for a handkerchief in her bag.

"Th-there's nothing to worry about." I said as I gave them a smile and handed Hanamaru a hanky.

"Thank you, zura." She said as she received it and quickly wiped off her face with it.

"Hurry up and sit down you guys." I said as I tapped on the table and pointed on the vacant seats.

"Sure, sure, no need to hurry." Ruby said as she dragged herself to one of the seats.

"We have the whole day together right zura?" Hanamaru asked as she took a seat.

"Right, so we better get our orders now." I agreed then complained as I let my face down on the table still looking at them.

"Stop hurrying us / zura." They complained in unison as they put down the menu. "We're done choosing anyways." Ruby said as she raised her hand to call a waiter.

"What did you choose, Yoshiko-chan?" Ruby asked as she relaxed on her seat and hugging her bag.

"I chose..."I started but stopped on the way as I thought of something interesting and teasingly smiled. "I'll let you taste my order when it arrives and I won't tell you its name."

"How unfair..." Ruby said as she pouted.

"It's fine, Ruby-chan. I'll also do the same thing, zura." Hanamaru said as she comforted Ruby and also smiled.

"Is that a challenge? Well, you can't beat my tastes anyways." I cockily said as I put my fist on the table as a sign of challenge.

"What's your order ladies?" A waiter said as he bowed to us, bringing a notebook and a pen.

Each of us whispered to the waiter what our order would be. Things are going to get exciting as soon as the orders arrive. I smiled again out of excitement.