A Different Path (ShizuKasu)

(Published April 3, 2021)

No One's POV

Shizuku, the same as always, strays from the path going back home, is going to meet with Kasumi, a wolf.

She's been told the same story everyday. A wolf would take her away and wouldn't be able to come back home. Because of that reason, every time she leaves the house, she makes sure that her surroundings are always the same boring scenery.

But this wolf she met, changed all of those opinions and beliefs that were rooted from the stories told to her by her parents.

This wolf was different.

"Hey, Shizuku."

"Hm?"

"Why are you spending time with me?" She inquired in one of their meetings. Shizuku looks at the wolf's worried face and giggled.

"I'd be asking you the same thing." The wolf was flustered and kept to herself without another word leaving her mouth until it was time for the other girl to leave, meaning it was also her time to leave.

Even without drawing out each other's opinions from each other, they both knew they wanted this. Being free from the shackles and boundaries their own sides have put them under.

'I'm sure Kasumi-san is waiting for me...'

'I wonder when she'll be coming today?'

There were no ill feelings between the two of them. Just a mutual understanding that the both of them are different from what happens in the story.

"Kasumi-san, face here." The wolf eagerly complied, curious as to what the girl had in mind. She instead felt hands on her ears, she became startled and backed away.

"W-what are you doing?" Kasumi asked, covering the hints of blush forming on her cheeks. The shade only became darker when the girl reached for ears again and then ruffled her hair.

"I've always wanted to try and touch them. I glad I did." Shizuku said with glee as she continued to run her hand on the wolf's head. "This feels so nice. Why didn't I do this sooner?"

The book that Shizuku brought that day have been left on the ground. The wolf didn't know where to look and decided to make that book the receiver of her unfocused gaze.

Unfamiliar hands that now became familiar have gone down from the top of her head to her cheeks and then to her chin. Kasumi was made to look up and properly look at the face of the girl.

"That's the first time you've looked at me, Kasumi-san." Shizuku smiled and softened her hold on the wolf as she noticed Kasumi's eyes flutter with emotion.

"I thought it'd never be right for me to look at your face." Kasumi looked away from the blue caped girl.

"Why?" The question made the wolf unnecessarily nervous and questions herself for the previous statement she made.

"Instinct?" The wolf's ears drooped with the answer.

Shizuku giggled and jumped backward, removing her hold on the wolf.

"What's with that answer? Come on, look up, face me." Shizuku urged for the wolf to follow her instructions which was followed after a beat. "See? It isn't that hard."

"You're right." The wolf finally smiled, a proper one this time. It took the girl's breath away, thinking this might be dangerous in a different kind of way than the stories being told.

Noticing the sudden change in atmosphere, Kasumi looked at the other girl who was now facing the other direction. She cautiously asks her a question, not wanting to break what they currently have at the moment though no name has been put about it.

"Is something the matter, Shizuku?"

"No, nothing." The called girl put on her best smile and looked back at the wolf.

Unaware on what's going on in the mind of the blue caped girl, the wolf accepts the smile and continues to fidget with the small flowers sitted in front of her.

On the other hand, the girl grasps on her chest and takes on calming breaths before fondly facing the wolf again at what she was doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

A rendition of red riding hood story.

Happy birthday to my fave girl in Nijigasaki!

I almost panicked about not finding out sooner that today was Shizuku's birthday...

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!