Good Night (KanaMari)

Kanan's POV

I am an assassin. I was looked up to many junior assassins.

One day, I was called by my boss into the office.

My boss has messy black hair, piercing green eyes and a mole on the right side of his mouth.

As I arrived in the office, my boss put a folder on top of his desk.

Knowing what this means, I composed myself and saluted.

"Kill the girl in the picture and do it professionally." My boss ordered as he signaled me to come closer and take a look inside the folder..

I followed the boss' orders and went close and opened the folder..

The target has a blonde hair and light green eyes. She was named Ohara Mari, the only daughter of the Ohara's. She was ordered to be assassinated, so that the Ohara's won't live to their legacy anymore.

I saluted to the boss and went out of the office and went to my room. I readied myself to get my mission accomplished on that night.

Then night came.

I went to the Ohara's household and went to the targets' room.

I saw my target sleeping peacefully on her bed, too bad its going to be her death bed.

I went near my target and I saw her face and I immediately fell in love, I was never a fan of love at first sight, but now I do.

But....

But...

But I can't fail a mission. I pointed my blade to her neck, getting ready for the kill. I was trembling at the thought of killing such beautiful creature.

I left the Ohara residence.

I returned to the base not killing my target. It was my first time failing a mission like this.

I directly went to the boss' office.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't kill the target." I looked down not wanting to see his expression.

"So we have to do something about you." My boss said in a monotone voice.

My boss was upset about this failure. As I had thought, I am going to get punished. But not as I expected it to be.

"You're fired. Leave this room, this building." My boss said pointing at the door behind me.

I again followed his orders and went out of the building.

Actually, I was glad for being fired, as long as I get what I want now. I had already saved a lot of money from my previous missions, so there would be no problem in paying for my living expenses.

The first thing that came into my mind was the sleeping face of my last target to which I blushed at the thought.

I was walking around that night to look for a place to stay. Finally I found an inn. The inn had a person at the back of the desk in front of the door. The guy had light orange hair and red eyes.

I rented a room for myself and was now relaxing from all the work. And finally slept from exhaustion.

A few days later, I was jogging around the neighborhood and stumbled upon a familiar building.

The Ohara residences.

That did turn out great as I was jogging, I saw a familiar blonde on one of the verandas.