Tricked (ChikaYou)

(Published August 1, 2021)

No One's POV

Like the insides of the ball she is holding, this human is in a daze. Not exactly thinking of much, just a blank stare. Like she was in autopilot, her hands kept on bouncing the ball on the floor with a spin and catches it, these line of actions are kept on repeat. This was kept until she used a larger amount of force onto the ball that it bounced harder on the floor. Then it hit her forehead.

"Owowowow..." She rubbed on the part that received the hit.

Well, at least that got her consciousness back into the real world.

"Are you okay, Chika-chan!?" The ashen rushed to her side full of worry.

"I'll be fine You-chan. I only hit myself with the basketball." She faced the ashen with a smile while softly rubbing on the spot that received the hit.

"Let's put cold compress for extra measure." You said and stood up to make her way to get the needed supply. She was stopped in her tracks by their red haired friend who stood in front of her.

"You're going for extreme measures, You-chan. You're already spoiling her enough that's why her head was on top of the clouds." She sighed, but a fond smile rests on her lips.

"Only the best for Chika-chan, Riko-chan." You said with conviction and pride.

"I mean, look at Chika-chan. She's fine. She's even making that silly face now." Those words made the ashen look back and watch the mikan haired with the said face, it brought out a relieved smile and a sigh of relief from the ashen. "See?"

"You're right. I guess I was just overreacting." You giggled at herself for the panic she made herself experience for those few moments.

"Sorry You-chan. I'm depending on you too much..." Chika walked to the two and looked at the ashen with furtive glances, albeit a bit on the guilty side.

"It's fine, it's fine." You quickly replied and took hold of Chika's hand with both of hers. 'Though I'd like it if you continued to do so...'

"It's not fine, You-chan. Chika-chan needs to think about herself more." Riko crossed her arms. Chika looked at Riko and it somehow looked like her animal ears drooped down at the remark.

"...Right. I'll go ahead and change out of this jersey." Chika ran to the changing rooms leaving the two behind.

"Chika-chan!" You was trying to run after her and was held back by Riko yet again.

"Now that it's only the two of us, let's..." Riko started, giving You the idea of what she was going to say. Only then did the ashen understand what she was meaning to say.

Chika, who just finished changing back into her uniform, saw the two looking like they were having fun and You nodding her head to whatever Riko was saying with a serious glint in her eyes. She felt a pang of pain hit her heart and ran away.

She ran into the other members of Aqours who gave her worried looks and words, but she only brushed them away. No one came running after her and that only hurt her more.

Without so much as a conversation from the others, Chika found herself sitting by the beach and looking into the setting sun and the glittering sea water. In this current situation, she has no choice but to entertain the depressing thoughts that started to spread like wildfire and tears started falling from her eyes.

Just like that, the day ended and the world welcomed with open arms yet another day.

With a heavy heart, Chika stepped down from the school bus. She sighed and only looked down on the floor and her shoes.

"Takami Chika-chan!"

That loud voice made the called girl perked up and saw the group of girls on the rooftop. Then the first years of their group raised up a banner that only made Chika cry happy tears.

"You guys!" She shouted back with all her might, now with a big smile. Her glum looking face already went away into the wind.

"Happy birthday leader!" The eight of them shouted. Chika was sure that all of them also sported the same expression she was making, well aside from the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"They really went and played with my feelings. Still they're my precious friends." Chika mumbled to herself before once again looking up at them and the mikan colored banner with the english words of happy birthday and her given name. She can't help but smile at the effort they made making that banner.

Using most of the air in her lungs, she shouted.

"Thank you!"

-------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

It's been awhile sunshine! I still haven't went and watch superstar yet. I'll watch when all the episodes have finished airing.

This was really short. I'll continue to try my best writing my delusions anyways. No matter how short they may be.

This one is really fluff in the end. So is this a fluffy angst or just slight angst?

Anyways enough of that.

Happy birthday to Chika-chan!

You can always give me your opinions to better my writing. Or just see my twitter for sneak peeks its SChan0824. (I apologize for this shameless plug. I've been more or less active in twitter tho)

As always,

 Thanks for dropping by!