An Unexpectedly Daring Ruby (KurosawaKazuno)

(Published September 21, 2020)

No One's POV

*ding dong*

"It must be Sarah-san and Leah-san. Ruby, can you get the door for me?" Dia looked up from her cutting board to call out her little sister.

"Sure! I'll be right there." Ruby sported up from her position where she was flipping through the pages of an idol magazine.

Ruby opened the door of their apartment to be met with the people they were waiting for.

"We're here!" Sarah bolted into the apartment and ran to where the younger assumes to be to the kitchen. She greeted the redhead before actually rushing in. "Happy birthday Ruby-san."

"-chan would've been fine already." Ruby pouted to herself while seeing the older of the two visitors disappear into the kitchen.

"Here..." A gift bag was in the hands of Leah, she pointed it towards Ruby with a fist. Ruby tilted her head to the side, wanting to hear more from the giver. Leah shyly looked to the alluring green eyes of the redhead and that made her flustered. "Just take it."

"Leah-chan." Ruby smiled at the giver, implying something else with her cute smile making the other make cold sweat.

Giving in, Leah shyly reached her cheek to scratch it.

"...Happy birthday... Ruby..." Leah still couldn't manage to look at the green eyes when talking with her.

Ruby genuinely smiled and outstretched her arms, wanting to let Leah come into her arms. Though that would be determined if Leah will stop being all shy and embarrassed and just look straight at Ruby. And that she did.

In Leah's mind she wants to keep the skinship at the bare minimum. That's mainly because their older sisters are there with them this very day and that's embarrassing. Plus, if her sister was going to tease her, she's not going to stop. Leah doesn't want that.

But this, hugging is an okay, she guesses. Leah hides her face on Ruby's neck. She felt at peace. Comfortable. That was until Ruby bit the top part of her ear, making her jolt awake and breaking the hug in haste, adding a much needed distance. When Leah looked back up to face the redhead, she was only met with a satisfied sly smile.

"Come here." Ruby happily took Leah's hand in hers, which Leah was hesitantly reciprocating. Ruby raised the hand that was holding the gift bag. "You're being to conscious about this Leah-chan. Thanks for the gift by the way."

"Y-yeah. No problem." Being the only one who's embarrassed is making her all the more embarrassed. She was already blushing all the way up to her ears.

"You were taking an awful lot of time on the doorway." Sarah teasingly commented with her hands around Dia's waist, her chin on the black haired's shoulder.

"You're being too close to Onee-chan, Sarah-san. Onee-chan's veins on her forehead are starting to pop." Ruby retorted, making her partner look her way in admiration. Hearing the retort made Sarah abruptly tear her hands away from the black haired.

"It's fine, Ruby. I don't mind such affection." Dia calmly answered, a fond smile lacing her words. "I'm almost done with the cooking anyway. Just some finishing touches here and there. ...And done! Let's eat."

Dia turned around to face her partner, giving her a reassuring smile seeing that the other looked like her ears were drooping. Dia chuckled at the common scene before her.

"Help me bring the food to the table. The table's been set for awhile now, thanks to Ruby." Dia asked Sarah, who was now wagging her tail.

"Roger." Sarah playfully put a hand over her forehead and obliged Dia's request.