Let Me Call You Maki-chan (NicoMaki)

(Published December 30, 2019)

No One's POV

Mrs. Yazawa have dropped off her only daughter, who was six years old, in the daycare for she had work to do and cannot care for her child while at work.

"Maki-chan!"

"Yes! I'll be there in a sec!" Something crashing could be heard at the back. "Owowowow, oh hi, Mrs. Yazawa." The redhead held the top of her head and was wincing a bit.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm sure I'll be fine. So where is she?" Quickly standing up, cleaning herself as she did so.

"She's right here." The redhead could see the little girl hiding behind one of the legs of her mom. The little girl perked up for a moment and quickly hid back, being all shy. "She's not usually like this, but if she maybe warm up to you, you'll be surprised." Mrs. Yazawa giggled at the thought.

"....hello..." The little girl finally said something.

"Her name's Nico. Please call her Nico-nii. She smiles a lot if you call her that."

"I'll take note of that. Thanks for the tip Mrs. Yazawa." Maki lowered herself, facing the little girl.

"Aren't the others here yet?"

"Oh, they're out in the back. Taking care of their assigned children." She looked up for a moment and looked down. "She really takes after you, Mrs. Yazawa."

"Thank you, with that said I'll be off now. Don't cause too much trouble to this big sister, okay, Nico?" Mrs. Yazawa kissed the forehead of her daughter before opening the door.

"Yesss!" Nico replied back facing the door.

"Now, that's a good girl." She said before finally closing the door.

"Let's go at the back. Do you have anything you want to do?" Maki asked the little girl, holding out a finger.

"...I'm not sure...What should we do, nee-san?..." She murmured, holding the extended finger.

"I know just the thing. Just follow me for a bit." Maki guided the little girl to the corridors of the space. Nico just nodded like a good girl.

"Ah, Nico-chan!" The little brunette suddenly exclaimed and jumped off from another big sister of the daycare.

"K-kayo-chin?"

"Hanayo!" Nico broke off from the hold of Maki and ran to hug the brunette.

"Let's play!" Hanayo broke the hug to face the raven haired.

"W-wait, that nee-chan told me she was gonna let me see something..." Nico looked at the redhead and she just received a smile and a nod.

"She said it's fine, so let's play?" Hanayo took both of Nico's hand and led her through the side of the room where some playthings were.

"Rin, it's fine. Let them have some fun by themselves." Maki comforted the orange haired who was sulking. "Have you seen Kotori and Eli?"

"They're in the backyard playing with Umi-chan, Honoka-chan and Nozomi-chan under the sun." Rin replied looking up at Maki and then moved her glances to the kids in the room.

"Got it. It's better if I don't bother them."

"Ah! It's!" A sudden exclamation was heard from either of the two kids in the room. Maki and Rin looked to see what was the problem and just saw the brunette with sparkling eyes and was clapping her hands. "Nico-chan you're amazing!"