Sleepy... (EmmaKanata)

(Published August 31, 2019)

Emma's POV

"Ummm..." I grumbled as I felt a slight pang of pain on my legs.

"Kanata-chan..." I called to the girl sleeping on my lap.

"Oiii..." I continued as I started poking her cheek.

"Wake up..." I demanded as I cupped her cheeks with both of my hands, a bit annoyed.

"My leg hurts..." I finally said as the feeling of pain started to sink in.

"nggg" Kanata-chan groaned as she moved to face me.

"Waa!" She exclaimed as she opened her eyes in shock.

"Emma-chan..." She said as she rubbed her eyes, her head still on my lap.

"My leg fell asleep with you sleeping on it, it kind if hurts." I said as I tried to keep my hands off her silky hair.

"Sorry, how long was I out?" She asked as she finally sat up.

"I'm not exactly sure, but it felt like a few long minutes..." I answered as I stretched my legs to give them a warm up.

"Did that really hurt?" She asked worriedly as she looked over my legs.

It was kind of embarrassing if you tell me.

"Yes." I answered as I quickly massaged my pained legs.

"...I want to sleep more..." She lowly said, enough for me to hear as she yawned while covering her mouth.

"No, I can't let you sleep on my lap again." I said, slightly in an angry tone as I stood up to prevent her to lie on my lap again as she was already preparing to lie down again.

"Why!?" She asked, shocked as she also stood up even if she was still visibly tired.

"You-" I stopped as I was thinking of what reasons I should say, "keep on wanting to fall asleep whenever I'm with you..." I continued, said lowly on the last part of the sentence, just for me to hear. Did she even bother to listen?

No!

I should stop thinking that way!

Of course, she cares about me!

A little bit more than her little sister?

I hope so...

I even love her much more than the rest of my siblings.

I thought all of these as my eyes drifted off to see the person I was talking to, looking straight at me.

"W-what?" I stuttered at the sudden attention I was getting and I felt my face heat up a bit.

"You seem to be worried about something..." She said as she continued to stare.

"There's nothing to be worried about." I said as I looked away, hands rubbing together.

"Really what's wrong?" She insisted and tried to get the answer out of me, as she stepped a little closer and I stepped back in response.

"..." I stayed silent as I tried to let the distance grow more between us, which she also stepped forward to match the distance I was trying to make.

Where did she get all this energy?

She's always so tired when I take a look at her from time to time.

Maybe from that power nap a while ago or probably something else...

I really don't know...