Stroll (RubyMaru)

(Published September 21, 2021)

Ruby's POV

"Are you really fine with today being like this, zura?"

"This is the best way I can spend today, Hanamaru-chan." Though I did have something different in mind, but spending a day like this is rare.

"If that's what Ruby-chan is saying, I can't complain zura."

We were strolling in the streets that had clothes shops lined up at the side. Sometimes taking peaks at the clothes displayed in front of the store. Taking the time to take in the designs that were out in the open and learn from it. Getting excited at the amazing designs at some point in the stroll while Hanamaru-chan smiling by my side, just about the same level of excitement as I did.

Then the sound of a stomach grumbling passed my ears. My attention drawn away from the fashion on the display space and towards the reddening face of Hanamaru-chan. I took my hand away from the glass and walked towards her with a reassuring smile.

"Let's have lunch Hanamaru-chan." I took her hand in mine and raised it in between us.

"Sorry, you were having so much fun zura." She guiltily smiled. I shook my head and took her other hand.

"It's fine. I should have known what time it is."

"Where do we go eat, zura?"

"Let's see." I looked over to the shops on the other side of the street. Another grumble passed. I faced the giggling Hanamaru-chan and I also let out a short giggle. "Let's find that restaurant as soon as we can."

"Yes, zura." She gladly held my hand as I kindly guided her to the first restaurant we saw. A family restaurant.

We sat down inside, each taking the menu on the table. Though Hanamaru-chan rested her chin on the table that looks like she was holding her stomach. I have to order something already. I immediately pressed the button on the table. The person who came to our table was a pleasant surprise.

"R-Ruby!?" She took a step back with a very surprised look on her face. She takes a moment to turn her head to the person sitting in front of me. "Hello, Hanamaru-san."

'She's so surprised to see me, yet she's normal with Hanamaru-chan. Does she not like me here?'

"Hi, Leah-chan. Take our order, I'm hungry zura." Hanamaru-chan adjust her head on the table to look at Leah-chan's face and raised a hand.

"S-sure. What would you like to order?" She took out a notebook and took our order. She doesn't leave her gaze on the notebook as I look intently at her. When we finished our order, she jogged back to the kitchen.

"Leah-chan in that outfit is cute, zura." This time, Hanamaru-chan faced me with a grin, sitting up properly. I rested my chin on my palm with an approving smile.

"But what was with Leah-chan, to get that shocked to see me?" I grumbled and pouted.

"She just didn't expect to see you on your birthday, Ruby-chan. Is what I think, at least." She made the unusual grin that she makes on rare occasions. "You know how she is, zura." She calmly downs the water that was served not long after.

"Then why did she seem calm when she saw you, Hanamaru-chan?"

"She expected it, zura."

"Expected?" I tilted my head to the side with confusion on my face.

"Since you were here, she thought I was with you. We're a set after all." She finished the water in the glass and returned it to its coaster.

"Putting it like that makes sense." I tapped my fist on my palm like everything was solved just like that.

"Here's your order." Leah-chan arrived with our order. She laid them down properly. She also put down one other thing. I look up at her.

"We didn't order cake, Leah-chan."

"It's fine, it's my treat. This one at least. Take it as a birthday cake from me. I didn't know you would find your way here. I wasn't prepared." She brought out a bright smile that isn't the norm for Leah-chan at all.

'What's with the unusual faces I'm seeing today?'

"Thank you, Leah-chan." Was the only thing I could reply as I handed Hanamaru-chan a pair of chopsticks.

"We'll enjoy it deliciously, Leah-chan." Hanamaru-chan added as she took the chopsticks from my hand.

"Enjoy your lunch." Before she could disappear into the kitchen, she raised her phone and pointed towards it. I concluded that she messaged me something. I brought out my phone and smiled when I saw the invitation to hang out sometime in the future, along with Hanamaru-chan and Yoshiko-chan. I looked up to see if she was still there and she was, I showed her a thumbs up and made a smile that was full of happiness.

"Is something the matter, zura?" Hanamaru-chan was just about to be finished with her fried rice while I still haven't touched mine. I guess she was that hungry after all, I can't help myself but giggle at this endearing Hanamaru-chan.

"Leah-chan asked us to hang out with her along with Yoshiko-chan when our schedules are free. I agreed." I took a bite of my fried rice and it was really good. I understand why Hanamaru-chan was eating so fast then.

"That's great." She said with glee while she took her last bite.

After we had a hearty lunch and waved goodbye to Leah-chan, we went back out to the now busy streets.

With the busy streets, it's a risk to get lost. I looked to the side for Hanamaru-chan but she was already so close to my side. I almost kissed her. I instinctively looked to the opposite direction with a hand covering my lips but I think the blush on my cheeks were still visible. She took my hand in hers and showed me a beaming smile.

"Let's continue our date, Ruby-chan." She intertwined her fingers with mine. My heart was just barely keeping itself together inside me.

"S-sure." I'm sure the blush on my face just reached my ears. I doubt that can be seen with my red hair.

-------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

Back again with a first person. I think I'll stick with the third person.

Happy birthday Ruby-chan!

I haven't written a rubymaru fic in a while eventhough I like these two cinnamon rolls. I think the last fic I wrote was a rubyleah one though.

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!