Too Close (EliUmi)

(Published November 9, 2019)

Umi's POV

This time, definitely.

I'm going to confess to her, surely.

I just have to say it.

....

On second thought, I can't do it....

"You can do it, Umi-chan! We're cheering for you!"

Even Kotori is cheering for me. I can't disappoint her. I just have to say it to her.

-

"She's not here..." I sighed after glancing at the first years and Nico fooling around with them.

"She? Who?" Honoka hopped to my direction, tapping my shoulder confusedly.

"I'm sure it's about Eli-chan, Honoka-chan. She might just be busy with student council stuff, Umi-chan. There's no need to worry." Kotori smiled, assuring me.

"Why not ask Nico-chan? She's a fellow third year." Honoka surprisingly made a suggestion.

"Seeing her like that, I refuse to ask her...." I crossed my arms. "...Well, it doesn't hurt to ask."

"Go!" They both cheerily cheered.

"Stop that. I'm just going to ask one simple question." With a flushed face, I walked over to the first years and Nico.

"Why are you here, Nico-chan?" Maki annoyingly asked.

"I felt the need for my presence to be here." As always, full of herself, Nico put a hand over her nonexistent chest.

"Won't Nozomi-chan chase you for it?" Hanayo worriedly asked.

"That's right, nya. Didn't you fail that last test?" Rin making a point, agreed with Hanayo.

"Geh...." Nico said in defeat.

"Umm, Nico." I joined in but not exactly as excited as the first years.

"Oh, Umi. You came just the right time!" Nico happily faced me as if being saved from something grave.

"You can't escape Nozomi, Nico-chan. She'll appear sooner or later." Maki reminded.

"S-shut up!" Nico retorted and then put on her attention back to me. "So, what is it Umi?"

"Is Eli absent?" I directly asked as my fear was taking over my mind.

"No, why would you think that? I'm surr she's just over the student council room." She shrugged.

"Okay thank you." A wave of relief passed by me and I walked back to my childhood friends.

"Anytime." She smiled. "So where were we?" She asked the first years.

"Nozomi chasing you." Maki apathetically said. She looked over Nico's shoulder and seemed to have spotted something. "Oh look, she's over there."

"Gotta run, bye!" Nico gulped in response and ran away so fast.

"Nicocchi! You're not running away from me!" Nozomi shouted.

"Why's she so stubborn?" Maki grumbled.

"She's just like you Maki-chan nya!" Rin commented.

"If we talk about being stubborn, you're both the same." Hanayo added.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Maki crossed her arms in defiance.

"You were right, Kotori. I should go to the student council room. See you later." I've stumbled upon a sleeping Honoka on Kotori's lap.

"Have fun!" She rooted as she brushed Honoka's hair that strayed to cover her face.

I made my way to my destination without much thought and just focused on getting there fast.

I peeked through the door window to make sure that there was nothing important going on. All I saw was just Eli leaning on the table with a paper on her hand, thinking of something.

"Eli..." I creaked the door open which made her to turn her head to the sound.

"Hey, Umi. What's up?" She put down the paper she was holding in front of her hair.

"I was looking for you." I answered while closing the door, not making that much noise.

"Why? Did you need something?" She asked.

"Not really, I just wanted to see you." I almost wanted to shriek in embarrassment. She then walked towards me. Leaning closer by the second as if inspecting.

"W-what? Is there something on my face?" I brought my hands to my face to wipe whatever was on my face but was stopped by her gripping my wrists.

"Umi, can I kiss you?" She asked with determined, sparkling eyes. I blushed at the question but nodded nonetheless.

She leaned in and finally made contact with my lips. I protested a little but relaxed into the kiss, even reciprocated.

Then she made her way through and brought her tongue into my mouth. I blushed at the sudden gesture and the thought of doing much more than kissing.

*click*

I heard the sound of a photo being captured. Instincts took over which made me push away Eli. She probably also heard the sound and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Nozomi!" Eli growled while opening the door. Chasing after the mischievous fortune teller to delete the photo taken, I think.

"Nice timing, Nozomi. I don't think I'm ready to do more yet...." I mumbled in both worry and relief.

Well, we have been dating for a few months already. I think that's not enough time for me to adjust to her fast pace. But, I'm happy that she wants things fast.

I just have to muster the courage and bear the shame when we do more.

That still wouldn't happen sooner or later though.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

Today's a bit of short chapter... I'm a bit sad but nothing else would come...

Anyways, that's for my first EliUmi fic. I want to do more on the rare ships but I don't know what to write.

If you have suggestions, I'll gladly do them.

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!