8. Unbelievably Real (RubyMaru)

A/N:

There will be more narrations rather than dialogues in this oneshot. Everything will also only be in third person.

So, let's start...

Ruby is a yokai that is very innocent. She has an appearance that resembles that of a dog kind of like this:

 She has an appearance that resembles that of a dog kind of like this:

and her sister, Dia, looks like this:

(Both picture are not mine. They belong to their respective owners.)

Hanamaru looks the same as in the anime. Dia and Ruby also looks the same as in the anime when disguised as a human.

One day when Ruby is wandering around town disguised as a human, she sees a restaurant that had a mature atmosphere. She wanted to try the restaurant's goods.

She enters the restaurant and she sees a woman who had a silky, light brown, hair. Ruby goes to a vacant table and was asked to take an order. She doesn't know what to order because she knows nothing about the shop. She looks at the menu and doesn't know what to choose. Ruby overhears the woman she saw by the entrance taking an order, " I'll take coffee please". Since Ruby doesn't know what to order, she orders the same thing as the woman. While waiting for her order to arrive, she observes the woman. When, the order of the woman arrived, she takes a sip and Ruby immitates her. Ruby doesn't realize that she had already fallen in love with the woman. Her first love.

-1 hour later-

On the way home, Ruby kept on thinking about the girl in the coffee shop. Because of this, her walking pace went faster, her face flushed and it seemed like there was steam coming out of her head.

Ruby arrives home and shares her experience with her sister, Dia. She described the woman she saw in the shop and that when she saw the woman, her heart rate suddenly became faster. She didn't know that this was love and Dia teased her for it.

After that, Ruby went to that shop everyday to see that woman. One day when Ruby and Dia were strolling, they see the woman whom Ruby encountered in the restaurant. The woman crossed the pedestrian lane when suddenly a truck came out of nowhere and grazed her. Dia immediately called an ambulance while Ruby panicked seeing the woman get injured. Ruby carried the woman to the sidewalk so that if there will be other careless drivers of vehicles, she won't be met with another accident. A few moments later, Ruby is with Dia, waiting outside the emergency room. After the opperation, the doctor comes out and asks them both if they are her guardian. They replied, "Yes." The doctor then replied, "The woman you brought here was successfully operated. However, she still needs to recover so, she will stay her for 4 days and we will check her condition everyday." The both of them were relieved to hear that the operation went well and they thanked the doctor.

-the next day-

Ruby visits the woman and when the woman saw her, the woman mumbled to herself, "... from the accident." Ruby asked the woman what she said and she replied, "Nothing...

By the way, I'm Hanamaru. Thanks for helping me when I got into that accident." Ruby replied, "I'm Ruby. I didn't help much. It was my sister who called an ambulance and it was the doctor who operated on you. I didn't do anything in particular." Hanamaru replies, " Still, you carried me to the sidewalk. Even if you didn't do anything much, I know that you tried to help me."

...
*akward silence*

Hanamaru broke the silence by sharing about her dream which is to write a book about Yokai. "I even wrote a draft to be reviewed. But, my friends and my editor discourages me from writing about Yokai because they are confident about them not existing." Ruby then asks why she wants to write a book about Yokai and she explains, "I want to write about them because I eencountered one when I was a child. After that experience, I've always wanted to share about their existence but, no one believes me." Ruby exclaims, "Yokai are real!"

Hanamaru: I know that they exist but, now even I am beginning to doubt my memory about that yokai.

Ruby: But...

Ruby removed her disguise and then she said, "I'm a Yokai! And I know that there are even more Yokai in this world. So, please don't be discouraged by the people that don't support you" Hanamaru thanked Ruby for encouraging her and now she was motivated to write a book about Yokai.

"Thank you, Ruby-chan."

"Glad to be of help to your work."

"Here to future works published."

"I'll help you in every way I can."

END

780 words

This is dualfaced signing out!