Comfy... (RinPana)

(Published November 2, 2019)

Rin's POV

"S-stay away, Rin-chan!" She suddenly said as she quickly closed the clubroom door behind her.

"Kayo-chin..." I sadly said as I felt tears cover my vision.

"I-I don't mean it that way Rin-chan..." I heard her mumble loud enough for me to hear and even wavered on where to look.

I ran away as quickly as I could to let the tears flow as if they were sweat. I ran to the rooftop and felt uneasy so I went to the courtyard. I lied down on the grass there and just looked at the clouds passing by.

Why did Kayo-chin do that? It's hard to imagine her acting like that when she's with me. So what's with today?

"Oi Rin." I heard voice getting louder, approaching. "What are you doing?"

"It's just Maki-chan." I looked to her direction and then continued looking at the sky.

"What do you mean 'just'!? Also, classes are about to start so get up from there already!" She angrily replied but still stretched out a hand.

"Yeah yeah, I get it." I smiled as I accepted her offer and got pulled up.

"What's up with Hanayo?" She suddenly sked as we were walking towards our classroom.

"....umm...." I had trouble thinking of something and scratched my cheek to help. "We kind of had a... fight." I admitted. I had no other option.

"You! Fighting? Can't even imagine that happening. What exactly happened?" She exclaimed in shock as it was shown in her face. "That explains why you haven't said 'nya' today..."

"Oh, we've arrived. Explanations not gonna happen now." I stuck out a tongue and headed off to my seat. I almost forgot, I seat right next to her.

This is gonna be a hard day for me. It's hard to resist not hugging her today. I should have charged my Kayo-chin battery on the way to school earlier. But she went off ahead of me so I didn't get to hug her yet. Uhhh, please end today already, nya!!

"Let me take care of Rin-chan!"

"No, let me!"

"No, I have to do it or else..."

"Or else what?"

"We'll never be the same again..."

"F-fine, you win. Take your time, your buying us time. Take her there when you receive a message."

"Why are you guys so noisy, nya?" I said as I rubbed my eyes. As it appeared I had fallen asleep in our last subject.

"Maki-chan."

"Got it." She nodded.

"Hm?" I tilted my head in confusion as I have yet to fully be awake.

"Rin-chan, I'm sorry..." Kayo-chin? She's apologizing.

"I'm sorry, that was my fault not yours." I averted my eyes and made a pained look. Trying hard to resist her.

I heard a buzz sound. That must've been a message.

"Rin-chan. Trust me on this and follow me, please." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my chair.

So this is how it feels when I pull Kayo-chin all around. Seems scary, but I like it the other way around too.

"It's the clubroom. Why'd you bring me to the clubroom?"

"Open the door and see for yourself. That's what I was trying to hide when I abruptly closed the door when I suddenly saw you walking towards the room."

"Just open the door? Okay, umm... Kayo-chin..." I glanced to her direction and she smiling dearly at me.

"Here, let's just open the door together." She reached for my hand and put it at the door handle which made me smile.

"Thank you, Kayo-chin. I love you." I pecked a kiss on her cheek and whispered these words to her ears which surprised her and in turn opened the door fast on impulse.

"Happy Birthday Rin/-chan!!" I was startled at the greeting but nonetheless was very happy and surprised.

"That was it... It was my birthday today... How could I have forgotten..." I turned my head to the side and just saw a smiling Kayo-chin.

"Happy birthday, Rin-chan." She said as we made eye contact which made me to cry and hug her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I kept on repeating these words as I snuggled myself to her.

"Rin, Hanayo, I'm glad you're back to normal again." Maki-chan smiled.

"It's really unusual for you two not to be all that close." Nico-chan grumbled.

"Now, why don't you come here and celebrate with us?" Nozomi-chan invited us with a relaxed smile.

"Yeah, we have a lot to go through today. There's a lot of food too." Honoka-chan said as she drooled which made Umi-chan to chop her head.

"Of course, there's ramen for you, Rin-chan." Kotori-chan softly said.

"Each of us also prepared presents for you too. Enjoy opening those later." Eli-chan announced.

"Thank you guys, really." I couldn't stop my tears from falling. So, I quickly wiped them away and swallowed the moved emotion. "Nya!"

As night came fast approaching, we had to wrap up the celebration. Each of us went on our own ways home and I'm walking home with Kayo-chin.

"That was fun, right, Rin-chan?" She started a conversation.

"Very much, nya! I'm really blessed to have these friends and of course you too, Kayo-chin." I stopped in my tracks and faced her with a smile.

"I'm happy to hear that. I mean, how did you forget about your own birthday?" She wondered as she brought a finger over her cheek.

"I completely forgot about it. You suddenly told me to stay away so I thought you hated me and that's what was on my mind the whole day. I didn't think about the date today at all." I explained as I gazed at the starry sky.

"So for the whole day, you were thinking about me?"

"Yes." I quickly nodded without thinking much about it.

She then turned around and brought her hands to her face which made me tilt my head in confusion.

"Rin-chan..." She suddenly turned back around but her head down. She then lifted her head and smiled at me. "I love you."

"I love you too, Kayo-chin!" I hugged her on impulse and happiness.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That was Shun-chan!

It's a day late but, Happy birthday Rin-chan!

I'm bummed out not getting to log in for her birthday in sif.

Anyway, it's another rinpana shot.

As always,

Thanks for dropping by!